Slipped Disc In Neck

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Just got home from the vet to post that Cody's on more meds for 2 more weeks. His left side is healing, the right is not as fast, so we really are in limbo again not knowing.

Same instructions to follow, we are allowed small walks since he can bend his head to the one side. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook thinking he's older and just needs a touch longer to heal. My vet said this happens sometimes so just play it day by day. Easy to say, tough to follow.

He is so much better than the previous 2 weeks, and boy did he LOVE the car ride today so at least his spirits are up.

Asking for continued white light and prayers for a full recovery for my boy.

Here's a picture of my sweetie right before it happened

NewImage-1.jpg

Edited by Che_mar_Cody

Many prayers from here for your handsome Cody!!! :hope :hope :hope

The neurologist that Canyon saw, said that the non-surgical route could take 6 weeks of complete rest. Sounds like Cody is improving after only 2! :colgate This is a very good sign, Pam!

In Canyon's case, his deterioration was rapid despite our being diligent about keeping his movements to a minimum.

:goodluck

Progress is good. Much better than the alternatives. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Che_mar_Cody
Many prayers from here for your handsome Cody!!! :hope :hope :hope

The neurologist that Canyon saw, said that the non-surgical route could take 6 weeks of complete rest. Sounds like Cody is improving after only 2! :colgate This is a very good sign, Pam!

In Canyon's case, his deterioration was rapid despite our being diligent about keeping his movements to a minimum.

To hear that from you brings me hope since you've been through so much with Canyon.

Thank you guys so much!!

Guest Energy11

Rest is good! Looks like progress is being made!

Love, prayers and hugs for your Cody, from our wonderful, but rainy, North Georgia Mountain Paradise.

Sending well wishes for Cody.....

When you are able to give him gentle exercise maybe use a harness instead of a collar. When our foster got a haematoma on her neck and couldn't wear one for a while it worked a treat.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest Che_mar_Cody
Checking in for an update, how is Cody doing today?

Well I got totally worried today as he was laying down and I could feel the disc out of place. I'm uncertain if this is good or bad, at least the swelling is going down because I've never saw or felt this in the past weeks. He's a touch grumpy today too, so trying to just let him rest. He actually slept 3 hours straight last night..wooo hoo.