Too Scared To Find Out What The Lump Is

Guest SueG201

Guest SueG201

I have been noticing for the last week that my precious 10.5 yr old girly is out of sorts. I brought her

to the vet a few wks ago for blow out " D" and had all the bells and whistles down on her, now the last few days she does not want to eat, and tonight I noticed a swelling around her wrist on her front leg. I have been down the osteo route twice, once with a 5 yr old and again with my current greys

grand daddy who died at 10 yrs old of osteo. I am sorry to ramble , but I cannot bear to deal with

this again, why does this happen. I also lost my precious whippet 3 yrs ago to a rare type of blood

cancer. I am so scared to take her for x- rays, I love this girly so much, I raised her from a 7 wk old

pup and she is the best and sweetest brindle girly in the whole world. I need the prayers and power of GT. I am so scared and so upset tonight

I'm sorry, I'd take her in for x-rays tomorrow. I just lost my 11 year old greyhound. He made medical history with Osteo in two legs at the same time. I'm bummed out. Best wishes.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest Energy11

I'd probably get the x rays too, just be sure. It might NOT be what you fear. Whatever it is, you can find out, and treat it.

Love, hugs and many prayers from us here.

More good thoughts coming your and your girl's way. I hope it nothing serious!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Good thoughts and prayers for your baby girl. :hope Many hugs to you, too. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sending many, many prayers.

In your heart, you don't want her to suffer no matter what this is. So you need to find out, so you can give her love in whatever form is called for right now. It may be the osteo you fear, maybe something else. But you need to be strong and find out so you can be there in the way your girl needs you to be right now.

My heart goes out to you and we will hold you close in thought and prayer.

Guest SueG201

I am so scared, I cannot deal with this again, I don't know if i want to know. last time I ended up in the hospital with chest pains, Oh Good Lord Give me the courage

Any possibility that the lump is a hematoma from where she had blood drawn?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greytful4

We will be your strength,call on us for support. Many of us have been in scary situations and know it's never easy. Sometimes love just hurts.Hugs to you and praying that it's something simple.. :grouphug

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

There are so many other things that can cause the issues you are writing about.

Infection comes to mind.

I know when my hounds were diagnosed with Osteo there was not one day they were off or off their feed.

So try to hold it together and you might be surprised :)

Sorry to say I know how you feel. Sending tons of hugs for you and prayers for your sweet girl.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest knitkass

I agree with KennelMom.

I'm in the same boat. My 8-year old is limping and after all she's been through it wouldn't be fair if it is osteo, but I'd rather know, and not knowing won't help me do whatever is best for her.

Prayers for you that it's something easy and treatable.

Guest Ashley

I hope that this is nothing serious, lots of hugs to your beautiful girl. But please get it checked out so that you can know if there is anything you can help her with.

I am so scared, I cannot deal with this again, I don't know if i want to know. last time I ended up in the hospital with chest pains, Oh Good Lord Give me the courage

Oh, I do feel for you! :bighug :bighug :bighug

As others have said, not knowing won't change what it is, all you'll do is stress yourself further, because you won't be able to switch the 'what ifs' off, will you? And then if it is osteosarcoma, you'll be kicking yourself for not getting your sweet girl pain meds earlier, so be brave and get those x-rays. You have plenty of people here who will be right with you in spirit. Draw your strength from that. :goodluck

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop