Sonie - Doing Much Better

Guest HersheysMom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

Soooo sorry to hear this!

I hope her night isn't too bad. Maybe ask the vet for some Valium, as well. It will help relax her and help her sleep.

Hope it is JUST a BAD infection. Love, prayers and hugs from here.

Sending prayers for Sonie and hugs to you both.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Make sure they culture the urine. I'd try antibiotics (like Clavamox) as soon as the sample is taken. This has happened more than once where it was an infection that did not show up in the office (and even a culture).

Sending lots of prayers.

Praying that this is the case

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Sending lots of healing prayers for sweet, shy Sonie. I hope it's an infection that can be treated. Also sending prayers of strength for you and your husband.

Guest HersheysMom
Make sure they culture the urine. I'd try antibiotics (like Clavamox) as soon as the sample is taken. This has happened more than once where it was an infection that did not show up in the office (and even a culture).

Sending lots of prayers.

Diane, isn't Baytril a good full-spectrum one as well? I have six 136 mg tabs sitting in the kitchen. Directions for Hershey was one tab per day, but that wasn't for a UTI.

She slept very well, and is going now only once and only every several hours. And limited panting. So Deramaxx has temporarily fixed it. Don't know if that's a good or bad sign. I also added Tramadol.

Anyone know if she's not showing crystals, if she could still have bladder stones?

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

OK! I'm liking the update! That's greyt!

Hoping that Sonie gets the meds she needs, if necessary & is feeling better ASAP.

Hugs.

Ditto!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greyt2love

If she passes a kidney stone, wouldn't that account for those symptoms? Especially the sudden onset? Whatever, I'm sure glad the test came back with no c-word attached! Keep feeling better, sweetie !

Edited by greyt2love

Fingers crossed!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Greensleeves

That sounds exactly like what Jasmine has been through. In her case it *was* bladder stones, as well as a sort of chronic cystitis--chronic inflammation of the bladder. She's been treated for bladder infections repeatedly, but she NEVER had crystals in her urine, and she often turned up with no bacteria, either. We've been really diligent with feeding her a diet formulated for the type of bladder stones she had (calcium oxylate), and NOTHING ELSE, and it seems to be helping.

Good luck!