Omaha Vaccine Vs 1800pet Meds

I was getting ready to re-order Prednisone 20 mg. 100 pills on 1800PetMeds when I decided to check out Omah Vaccine. Quite a price difference. Omah charges $5.99 (w/o the shipping charge) and 1800PetMeds charges $21.99 (w/o shipping charge). Has anyone found such a price difference? I couldn't believe the difference.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I would MUCH prefer Omaha Vaccine--they've been around a long time, and are a registered pet pharmacy--I've used them for years, and never had a problem.

They charge 50-75% less than my vet. But FYI, you could probably get Prednisone a very low price at a local pharmacy. It's a very common drug and doesn't cost a lot. You might give them a call too!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I would MUCH prefer Omaha Vaccine--they've been around a long time, and are a registered pet pharmacy--I've used them for years, and never had a problem.

They charge 50-75% less than my vet. But FYI, you could probably get Prednisone a very low price at a local pharmacy. It's a very common drug and doesn't cost a lot. You might give them a call too!

Good information. Thanks. Should have known to check with the GT experts before I placed my first order with them several months ago.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I've usually had very good luck with Omaha Vaccine. I also have good luck with KV Vet Supply and Pet Edge, too, depending on what I want/need. Those three are the ones I always check first, and compare.

I usually get good prices with many dog show vendors, too, but none of them are online...

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

I was getting ready to re-order Prednisone 20 mg. 100 pills on 1800PetMeds when I decided to check out Omah Vaccine. Quite a price difference. Omah charges $5.99 (w/o the shipping charge) and 1800PetMeds charges $21.99 (w/o shipping charge). Has anyone found such a price difference? I couldn't believe the difference.

I have used Omaha many times and been pleased with their prices and customer service. Another option is Costco. I recently found they have a huge price difference on many (but not every) medication. I have saved enough money in 3 months to make up the $50 membership. You do not have to be a member to use the pharmacy (at least here in Va.), but you get a lower price if you are. If you consider joining, sign your dog up for the Prescription Savings Card. I was able to get one for Mandy since I don't have insurance on her. It takes a little more off the price of each prescription. A couple of examples: Tramadol 50 mg 100 pills was $22 at the vet, $10 at Target, and $7.10 at Costco; Amitriptyline 50 mg 60 pills was $20 at the vet, $10 at Target, and $6.16 at Costco. The biggest price difference was one of my meds that is restricted by my insurance -- the insurance mail order was $75 for 60 pills (the maximum they will approve in a 90 day period), Target was $71 for 90 pills, and Costco was $6.64.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Dr. Patty was recently appalled by her experience with 1 800 PetMeds. They called her to verify a prescription she had written for one of her clients. They had mixed up the pet and client name (and switched it from Agnes to Angus) and then were going to put "use as directed" on the label instead of the directions Patty had written on the prescription.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

I never hesitate to ask for a script to be called or faxed in for a med on human formularies, at human pharmacies. Even if it's not on their $4 generic formulary, you can get a substantial discount, particularly at pharmacies like Hannaford which have a "Healthy Savings" plan ($7/year). Many of the chain pharmacies are competing and developing their own versions, and this is all to our benefit (for a change!!!).

For strictly dog meds or compounding, I go with KV Vet, Entirely Pets (pretty much the cheapest) or a specialized animal compounding pharmacy.

Pred is generally on the $4 formulary at Walmart, Target, etc., but is also really cheap elsewhere.

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

I get Angel's Proin from Omaha Vaccine and I found it to be cheaper than any other online place.

Edited by SarahsBlackPack

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org