Kees Is Joining The "c"lub

Guest KeesMom

Guest KeesMom

Well, heard from the doc last week that Kees' enlarged glands and tonsils are the result of lymph node cancer. :( We'll be starting chemo probably next week and things are hopeful, however. X-rays show no internal spreading and Kees is still peppy and eating well.

Just a bummer after all we went through 6 months ago with the PLE diagnosis.

Sheesh........... I'd really prefer to lose a dog to "old age" one of these days instead of bloat, hermangiosarcoma, and lymph node cancer.

But maybe there's an unknown force that brings us together

You have my good thoughts and prayers.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Dang! Well I'm glad there are no signs of spreading (very good!) and that you are getting Kees' treatment is very successful.

Hugs to you and Kees both.

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a beautiful dog he is! It's horrible to get that diagnosis, isn't it? I'm so sorry. Way too many of us know just how you are feeling. Please keep us up to date with how things are going. You and Kees are in our prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Energy11

Love and huge hugs for Kees!

Yes, there DOES seem to be a ridiculous amount of cancers lately in these dogs!

Seems like he is in good health, though, considering (nothing has spread:-) , and hopefully the chemo will help!

Edited by Energy11

Sheesh........... I'd really prefer to lose a dog to "old age" one of these days instead of bloat, hermangiosarcoma, and lymph node cancer.

But maybe there's an unknown force that brings us together

Sometimes I've felt like that myself........I think the 'needy' ones find you somehow and fate takes hold....

Kees is in our prayers.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose