Gunny's Lump

Guest GunnyGirl

Guest GunnyGirl

So the results of the aspiration show no lipoma...it's a suppurative or purulent inflammation :(

The first course of action is to try antibiotics, which she has been taking since Tuesday. If there is no change when those are done, then the vet will surgically remove it and send it for a biopsy.

I am a little worried as these supposedly can be a result of something systemic or nothing at all. I guess even cancer. I'm hoping that even if the antibiotics don't take it away, then the surgery will, she will heal and we will just move on.

She doesn't show any signs of pain or discomfort or irregularity in any of her day to day activities. It doesn't appear to be painful or to bother her at all.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

Here is a pic from this morning:

gunnyinflamation2.jpg

gunnyinflammation1.jpg

Edited by GunnyGirl

Guest Energy11

No, I can't say that I have seen anything like that, even with my four years working for Dr. B. The "fatty tumors," he removed, and they were many, were larger.

All I can say at this point, it to TRY not to worry! I know that is hard, but it might be someghing VERY simple.

We are keeping you in our hearts and prayers!

No advice here either, just best wishes that the antibiotics take care of it for Gunny. :goodluck

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Well, drat. Hope the antibiotics fix it and she is back to 100% soon. Wonder if she could be having a reaction to old "dissolvable" stitches that didn't dissolve??

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.