Dr.c.guillermo Couto Dvm

Guest maryvillesmom

Guest maryvillesmom

I have checked into fostering greys since loosing Maryville to Osteo. I was told of a vet who was going to be comming to discuss several things. I hope it's O.K. to post this. I recieved it in my e-mail.

Southeastern Greyhound Adoption is pleased to announce that well known greyhound health expert, Dr. Guillermo Couto will present a seminar on Greyhound Health and Wellness, Saturday, November 14, 2009.

Saturday November 14, 2009

Greyhound Health and Wellness Seminar

Presented by:

C. Guillermo Couto, DVM

The College of Veterinary Medicine at The Ohio State University

10:00 AM - 4:00 PM - Lunch and snacks provided

GPA- Atlanta-Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

Allatoona High School

Acworth, Georgia

Registration information to be announced.

Please go ahead and mark your calendars and plan to attend. We will send out additional flyers and emails with additional information in a few weeks, but plan to be there. Dr. Couto is a nationally known expert in greyhound wellness and greyhound disease, including osteosarcoma. Although targeted for greyhound owners, much of this information will apply to other breeds.

Guest Energy11

Dr. Couto is THE BEST, and if you haven't heard him speak and met him, YOU need to go! I live in Ellijay, and did get this email. I have seen and spoken to him many many times, but I do encourage any of you in the area to be sure to go!

I have checked into fostering greys since loosing Maryville to Osteo. I was told of a vet who was going to be comming to discuss several things. I hope it's O.K. to post this. I recieved it in my e-mail.

Southeastern Greyhound Adoption is pleased to announce that well known greyhound health expert, Dr. Guillermo Couto will present a seminar on Greyhound Health and Wellness, Saturday, November 14, 2009.

Saturday November 14, 2009

Greyhound Health and Wellness Seminar

Presented by:

C. Guillermo Couto, DVM

The College of Veterinary Medicine at The Ohio State University

10:00 AM - 4:00 PM - Lunch and snacks provided

GPA- Atlanta-Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

Allatoona High School

Acworth, Georgia

Registration information to be announced.

Please go ahead and mark your calendars and plan to attend. We will send out additional flyers and emails with additional information in a few weeks, but plan to be there. Dr. Couto is a nationally known expert in greyhound wellness and greyhound disease, including osteosarcoma. Although targeted for greyhound owners, much of this information will apply to other breeds.

P.S. my husband's neurosurgeon is in Rome! The Harbin Clinic ...

I'm also passing this info along to my vet.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

He really IS the best! I've seen him speak twice and would go if I were closer!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest goofydog

We (SEGA) are very excited to offer this to anyone in the southeast. And we are asking attendees to invite their vets also. Hope to see you there!

I'd sell my soul to be able to hear him speak....

How much are you asking for it? How many miles on that Soul? How will you get there without a car?

Oh, wait. You're not talking about a Kia. :P

Seriously though, Dr. Couto is quite good. Just his comparatively short presentation at Mountain Hounds was fantastic. Then he took so much time answering everyone's questions. I've no idea where the man gets all his patience & compassion. So you can bet I will be attending the upcoming seminar. Hope many others can make it. It will be well worth it, I am sure.

Edited by kudzu

Guest Heehoo
You will learn so much if you go! If he has his slide show look for pics of Zinger and Dennis and Bosha.

(Just saw him this morning-I'm fostering a grey with major complications from his amp and chemo.)

I heard you're doing an excellent job of fostering also. I've got Kasi for the weekend. She's a doll baby. Kiss that boy for me. :beatheart

He's our vet - we see him fairly often, and I'd still pay to hear him speak. Really, just a genuinely kind and knowledgeable person.

Guest Energy11
He's our vet - we see him fairly often, and I'd still pay to hear him speak. Really, just a genuinely kind and knowledgeable person.

YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky to have him for your vet! I wish!!!!!!!!!!! I had hoped to take Curfew to see him and get an MRI done there, but we just cannot afford it :-(

I've heard him three times, would go back 4 and 5 because each time I pick up and remember something new.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest maryvillesmom
We (SEGA) are very excited to offer this to anyone in the southeast. And we are asking attendees to invite their vets also. Hope to see you there!

How do you get notified when registration is up? I would love to come to this seminar.

I can post here when I get an e-mail or go to greyhoundadoption.org

The registration info is not out yet. They have just sent out a "Save the Date" notice so everyone can plan ahead. Here is a blip about it on the calendar of events: Event Details It includes an email address for our contact person. She may be able to put you on the mailing list.