Tattoo Will Be Going To The Bridge

Tattoo's parents (no longer his foster parents) arrived from Wisconsin this evening. Steve and Amanda officially adopted him last night. He gave them a smile (he crinkles the corners of his mouth -- so sweet) and a tail wag. He is spending the evening with them in their hotel room.

Unfortunately, the latest cultures haven't grown anything. He has tried his best to fight this infection for over 8 months now. Dr. Couto has done every test and consulted with every expert he knows. He has researched for hours and hours. They just can't figure out what is causing the infection, why they can't grow cultures of it, and why it won't respond to any antibiotic. The difficult decision has been made. Tattoo is in a lot of pain and just can not keep weight on. He will go back to OSU tomorrow at 10 am. Amanda, Steve, Dr. Couto and staff, and I will be there.

Tears are streaming down my face as I write this. Tooey is such a special boy. He charms every single person he meets. All of us in Ohio love him very much. I know he has many more people in Wisconsin who love him as well. He deserves to have a better life than the one he has had since he got sick so many months ago. Please think of him tomorrow morning and wish him well on his journey to the rainbow bridge.

Jane

p.s After Tattoo passes, Dr. Couto will be doing everything possible to determine what caused this in hopes of preventing this from happening to another hound.

Edited by joejoesmom

:grouphug:weep Prayers for a gentle passing.....

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so sorry.

Give him a little scritchy for me, and his parents a hug or two, OK?

Some hugs for yourself --> {{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}

Thanks for watching out for him on his journey.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a shame, I am so very sorry to hear it has come to this.

We will light a candle for him and his family, and will ask our little Misty to help welcome him

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest TurnerMiller01
:( Oh.. my ..goodness.. how awfully sad.. hang in there .. i cannot imagine how sad you are right now... I'm very very sorry. :grouphug:grouphug:hope

Guest Tuxsmom

How very sad :cry1 there is an end to suffering, and we must believe that is a good thing :cry1 no matter how much it hurts us :cry1

Guest PhillyPups

Tatoo will be in my thoughts as he goes to the bridge on the wings of love -

He will be greeted at the bridge by another Wisconsin racer, The Queen with Loca at her side and will be with some of the very very best.

Tears streaming down my face, hugs to all of his family.

Guest boondog

I'm so sorry. I hope you and his parents can find peace knowing that you did everything possible for him. Prayers for a peaceful passing.

I'm so sorry for everyone involved. Things just suck sometimes despite all of our hard work. Please give Dr Couto a hug for me.

I also want to add how wonderful and heartbreaking to hear that his foster family have adopted him. That takes special people. Hugs and healing prayers for them.

I've asked Foxy to meet Tooey at the bridge, she will be the white faced bossy one.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Bless you and his Mom and Dad for showing him such unselfish love during his short life.

I'm so sorry.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Bless you all for being his Special Angels.... I am so very sorry.... :grouphug:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest knitkass

I'm so sorry to hear this. I just found the other topic on Tattoo, and it sounds eerily similar to what happened to my Callay. She had a Bartonella infection that was cleared up with about 2 months solid on 4-5 different antibiotics. Her heart murmur stopped at a II though, so even though she did have endocarditis, it's getting better.

Guest TishaT

He was so brave and fought so hard. I am very glad that his family is there with him. He will be missed by the whole GPA Wisconsin family too.

That so sucks! Amanda and Steve are such wonderful people! They adopted one of my former foster hounds Lilly back then her name was Peaches. I was so hoping for a better out come for this sweet boy. GPA- Wis. has worked so hard to help him.

Please give Steve and Amanda a big hug from Lilly's foster mom Sarah.

I'll send my 3 Bridge Babies to greet him.

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org