Hello From Cleveland, Oh

Guest littlesyd85

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rach1323
Hello and Welcome I just adopted my Bow from GAO!! we should get together sometime ...though not the cats :lol Bow would chomp them up :colgate

I know Bow :P ! She is great! Is she getting better on a leash? I took her to a few things that I did for GAO while she was at the kennel. Beautiful girl! Are you planning on going to The Great Lakes Brewing Company's Dog Days of Summer on Sunday? GAO is going to have a booth there. I will be going but I haven't decided if I will be taking Monarch or one of the dogs from the kennel. I like bringing adoptable dogs to events because I feel like it is good to get a dog that needs a home in front of people.

She is such a beautiful girl!! Thank you ....yea she is getting much better on a leash shes so excitable! I cannot go to Great Lakes we are going on vacation! and Bow is staying at Grandma and Grandpas! I have a quick question for you ...since you took Bow to a couple events...did you see other breeds of dog and if you did how did she react ...Shes been very excitable barky when we see other breeds and I think she is just excited and wants to play but Ive been to nervous to introduce ...and maybe shes feeling my tension....anyways before I "knew better" when I was adopting her from GAO there was a little Italian Greyhound there and she was fine with that ...I was just wondering if you had seen her around other breeds at all...lol thanks! ....O and I'm hoping to go to the Reunion in August are you going?

Guest littlesyd85
Welcome Sydney from yet another Ohioan! Although Nike and I are a bit further south :P Have you guys heard about the Bark Til Dark event in Delaware, OH in Sept.?

No I haven't heard about it... When is it?

Guest littlesyd85
Hello and Welcome I just adopted my Bow from GAO!! we should get together sometime ...though not the cats :lol Bow would chomp them up :colgate

I know Bow :P ! She is great! Is she getting better on a leash? I took her to a few things that I did for GAO while she was at the kennel. Beautiful girl! Are you planning on going to The Great Lakes Brewing Company's Dog Days of Summer on Sunday? GAO is going to have a booth there. I will be going but I haven't decided if I will be taking Monarch or one of the dogs from the kennel. I like bringing adoptable dogs to events because I feel like it is good to get a dog that needs a home in front of people.

She is such a beautiful girl!! Thank you ....yea she is getting much better on a leash shes so excitable! I cannot go to Great Lakes we are going on vacation! and Bow is staying at Grandma and Grandpas! I have a quick question for you ...since you took Bow to a couple events...did you see other breeds of dog and if you did how did she react ...Shes been very excitable barky when we see other breeds and I think she is just excited and wants to play but Ive been to nervous to introduce ...and maybe shes feeling my tension....anyways before I "knew better" when I was adopting her from GAO there was a little Italian Greyhound there and she was fine with that ...I was just wondering if you had seen her around other breeds at all...lol thanks! ....O and I'm hoping to go to the Reunion in August are you going?

I think Bow would do fine around other dogs... You should just be sure to have a firm grip on her and ready to step in if need be. When I had her at PAWS for Cause she did fine with other dogs. The only time she ever tried to chase was when it was a little dog, so you will definitely need to ease her into that. And yes I will be at the Reunion. :gh_runner I am the Vendor Coordinator, so I will be there both days, all day!

Guest Rach1323

Thanks for the info makes me feel better ...I thought so but I think I got nervous and that made her nervous... <_< ... Haha yea little furry things and Bow dont mix it will take a while for that ...but she did walk by a cat without a second glance the other day...we were treating her but its progress ...hope to see you in August!

Guest littlesyd85
Hi from your neighbor in Erie pa!

I'm originally from Erie! My parents still live there and my Mom works at The Erie Animal Hospital. Where in Erie do you live?

Guest Morgaynn
Welcome Sydney from yet another Ohioan! Although Nike and I are a bit further south :P Have you guys heard about the Bark Til Dark event in Delaware, OH in Sept.?

No I haven't heard about it... When is it?

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner... I ran out of town to pick up my son for his summer vacation-- Here's the info:

Save The Date! TGA 10 Year Reunion Picnic Coming!

Who: All greyhounds

What: An annual reunion picnic made

extra special for the 10 year anniversary!

When: Saturday 9/12/9

Why: An opportunity for all greyhound families

and their greyhounds to share a special day of fun and celebration!

Notes: Donations are needed for both the picnic and the prison training dogs!

Where: Bark ‘Til Dark Dog Park

1277 Hills-Miller Road

Delaware, Ohio 43015

BarktilDark <--link

Guest Art_n_Popper

Hi Sydney, we've meet at GOA, did you board Monarch recently? There was one with 3 legs which I was terrified letting out of the create because it looked so fragile. But they sure are resilient on 3 feet, I couldn't believe it! Anyways Monarch looks like a very happy sweet girl!

Guest RICHandJUDE
Hi Sydney, we've meet at GOA, did you board Monarch recently? There was one with 3 legs which I was terrified letting out of the create because it looked so fragile. But they sure are resilient on 3 feet, I couldn't believe it! Anyways Monarch looks like a very happy sweet girl!

My wife and I have done turnouts at GOA in Chagrin Falls, Ohio.

We just lost one of our greyts from Osteo 2 weeks ago. We still have one more plus a beagle.

Will probably see you at Fun Days in August.

Guest Art_n_Popper
We just lost one of our greyts from Osteo 2 weeks ago. We still have one more plus a beagle.

That's awful, my condolences. Its like loosing a family member :(

Will probably see you at Fun Days in August.

I should be there, most likely volunteering.

there is someone on this board who is interested in firefly and it's not me :ph34r . what is she like?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Art_n_Popper
there is someone on this board who is interested in firefly and it's not me :ph34r . what is she like?

She's really sweet, but then again what greyhounds aren't? She just a tad bit shy, I haven't spent a lot of time with her as I try to run around with the ones that have been there longer. What I do know is she never barks at other dogs unlike Currie/Primo/Prince(hates Linda's dogs, cool with rest)/all the boarders :lol She hasn't peed in her crate when I've been there. She isn't as crazy as Dee, she's mellow, never pulled when I walked her to the back. Personality seems almost a carbon copy of cozy but with different outer skin. Now that aside, Dee is my favorite, though they need to rename her to jumpy toy addict extraordinaire.

Guest gnevins

Welcome!!! Your girl is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am the one interested in Firefly!!! :wub: Thanks for the info. I have sent my app. but can't come get her until mid Sept. They are aware of this. I hope she is still waiting for us!!! :goodluck I have a sweet boy Starbucks and it sounds like their personalities are very much the same.

Has she been around other breeds?

We want to bring Starbucks to meet her to make sure they are ok together. I am new to this also Starbucks adopted us the end of Dec.

You're right about Treasure...she is AWESOME :inlove She has a WONDERFUL home and the company of a VERY sweet brother!!!! We all LOVE her!!

Anything else you can tell be about Firefly would be appreciated. In the meantime when you see her give her a BIG hug and kiss from me.

Guest Art_n_Popper

I'm going to be at the kennel this Saturday so I'll get to know Firefly a little better and take a few pics and post them here. In the meantime there is a video on youtube, first minute there is footage of Firefly

I really don't know how she is around other breeds though.

Yes I know how it is, Popper adopted me in April and it feels like I know all the dogs who are no longer at the kennel, even though they got adopted to great homes I miss Jim, Mo, will miss Tibby (she just got adopted! omg what a sweetheart), Lana, Honey, and off course Treasure just to name a few.

Oooh, another newly adopted tripod! She's gorgeous!! Sid has a nub, too, but a hind leg, so much more understandable. Is Monarch sensitive with it? Sid isn't.

I love her collar. I'm going to get Sid another fancy one, and I have one picked out from Crown Collars. I just hope they still have the pattern when I get around to ordering!

Just wanted to answer this, too -

I have a quick question for you ...since you took Bow to a couple events...did you see other breeds of dog and if you did how did she react ...Shes been very excitable barky when we see other breeds and I think she is just excited and wants to play but Ive been to nervous to introduce ...

My old Jack was just the same. The rescue I got him from said they thought it was just 'excita-puppy' barking, even though he was nearly ten years old, and so it proved. He would go nuts, barking and trying to get to the other dogs, but with patience and treats and calm handling, we got there. He could happily be around all other dogs in time, except those who barked at him aggressively, when he'd respond. But that's just a 'dog' thing! He didn't have a prey drive for them. :)

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest littlesyd85

Yes Monarch boards occasionally at the GAO kennel. She hasn't been there in a while though. She will be boarding the last week of July! There is another 3 legged girl named Paige that GAO boards from time to time. She is a small fawn colored girl.

Guest littlesyd85

Firefly is a great dog! I would take her home if I could. :love2 I took her to one of the events to advertise Greyhound Adoption of Ohio and she spent the entire day there with me. She truly is fabulous! She is great on a leash and loves to walk and jog with you. I did notice that at the event I took her too that rowdy non-greyhounds made her a bit nervous, but that is understandable. :wub: She is a sweet girl who is a lover! :wub:

Guest gnevins

:D

I'm going to be at the kennel this Saturday so I'll get to know Firefly a little better and take a few pics and post them here. In the meantime there is a video on youtube, first minute there is footage of Firefly

I really don't know how she is around other breeds though.

Yes I know how it is, Popper adopted me in April and it feels like I know all the dogs who are no longer at the kennel, even though they got adopted to great homes I miss Jim, Mo, will miss Tibby (she just got adopted! omg what a sweetheart), Lana, Honey, and off course Treasure just to name a few.

I have seen the video... Robin sent it to me.... Have fun on Saturday and THANK YOU!!!

Firefly is a great dog! I would take her home if I could. :love2 I took her to one of the events to advertise Greyhound Adoption of Ohio and she spent the entire day there with me. She truly is fabulous! She is great on a leash and loves to walk and jog with you. I did notice that at the event I took her too that rowdy non-greyhounds made her a bit nervous, but that is understandable. :wub: She is a sweet girl who is a lover! :wub:

Thanks so much for more info....my concern is that my daughter has a collie/german sheppard X. My boy gets along with her extremely well. They visit every couple of months (they actually live in Cleveland) and I would want Firefly to be as comfortable as Starbucks is with her.

Hi from your neighbor in Erie pa!

I'm originally from Erie! My parents still live there and my Mom works at The Erie Animal Hospital. Where in Erie do you live?

Very familiar with where your mom works, took our dog there as a kid--great place. I actually live in girard now, in the western part of Erie county.

Sorry, just saw this! :)