Hello From Cleveland, Oh

Guest littlesyd85

Guest littlesyd85

Hello all!

I am new to GreyTalk so I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Sydney and I live in Parma Heights, OH with my husband, John, my greyhound, Monarch, my Italian Greyhound, Sophia, and my two cats, Minkah & Zoe. We adopted 7 year old Monarch (now 8 since May) the weekend before Thanksgiving 2008. She was only in the kennel for about 3 weeks before I snatched her up... She had a lot of dibs put on her, a kennel favorite at the time. I think the extensive amount of volunteer work for Greyhound Adoption of Ohio finally paid off because I was the one to bring her home! She is a beautiful brindle girl who happens to only have 3 legs. After her track injury and terrible amputation (they left a stub when they should have taken the whole shoulder) they bred her. She had 15 puppies that I hope to one day adopt one of them. Below are are some photos of my beautiful girl!

MonOptJuly09-001.jpg

Monarch with her new fancy new collar from Crown Collar (thanks Ingrid!)

MonOptJuly09-002.jpg

Sleeping... What Greyhounds do best!

MonOptJuly09-004.jpg

Being beautiful while enjoying the great outdoors!

MonOptJuly09-003.jpg

I love when she puts her ears up like that!

MonOptJuly09-005.jpg

Monarch & Sophia sleeping together on the sofa. Too cute!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome! I just adopted Treasure (USS Treasure) from GAO this past weekend!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest greymama002
:wave Congratulations! Looks like Monarch is enjoying her retirement! & I just love the picture with Sophia- too sweet!

Guest littlesyd85

If I could have adopted another dog I would have brought home Treasure! Every time I would do a GAO event I would bring Treasure because she ia such an awesome dog! I'm glad she got a great home but I am sad that you are so far away... You have to keep me informed on how she is doing!

You should try to make a trip down for our huge event in August, Canine Fun Days and Greyhound Reunion. I know everyone would love to see her!

Welcome!! lexie is from gao. we live on the east side of cleveland. I am planning to go to the greyhound reunion. Maybe, we can meet

Oh I will be there! I'm the Vendor Coordinator, so I will be around both days. Hopefully I'll see you there!

If I could have adopted another dog I would have brought home Treasure! Every time I would do a GAO event I would bring Treasure because she ia such an awesome dog! I'm glad she got a great home but I am sad that you are so far away... You have to keep me informed on how she is doing!

You should try to make a trip down for our huge event in August, Canine Fun Days and Greyhound Reunion. I know everyone would love to see her!

here ya go! clicky

i'm going to try to get there in August :)

here's another thread about Treasure, her intro thread :)

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest shanesmom

Hi Sydney. Welcome to Greytalk. I am so looking forward to Canine Fun Days again this year. It will be nice to see you again. Hope I get to meet Monarch too.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi and Welcome from Arizona! Monarch is a beauty. Hard to believe she was bred after an amputation but what do I know?

Guest Rach1323

Hello and Welcome I just adopted my Bow from GAO!! we should get together sometime ...though not the cats :lol Bow would chomp them up :colgate

Guest littlesyd85
Hello and Welcome I just adopted my Bow from GAO!! we should get together sometime ...though not the cats :lol Bow would chomp them up :colgate

I know Bow :P ! She is great! Is she getting better on a leash? I took her to a few things that I did for GAO while she was at the kennel. Beautiful girl! Are you planning on going to The Great Lakes Brewing Company's Dog Days of Summer on Sunday? GAO is going to have a booth there. I will be going but I haven't decided if I will be taking Monarch or one of the dogs from the kennel. I like bringing adoptable dogs to events because I feel like it is good to get a dog that needs a home in front of people.

Guest Morgaynn

Welcome Sydney from yet another Ohioan! Although Nike and I are a bit further south :P Have you guys heard about the Bark Til Dark event in Delaware, OH in Sept.?