First Time Grey Owner

Guest SunKissed

Guest SunKissed

Hello from Michigan!

My boyfriend and I adopted our first greyhound almost 3 weeks ago. Reg name is TC's Hardrock, we call him Maverick. We really have come to love him in such a short time. This is my first dog, I've had horses and cats since I was a kid. My boyfriend has had GSD to Mini Doxies. It's really been nothing but fun seeing Maverick open up and become attached to us. We took him to his first horse show over the past weekend, he was a perfect gentleman, other than a bit of whining if he could see me but wasn't next to me.

So hello from all of us. And of course...pics of Maverick:

P6170032.jpg

P6290063.jpg

P6290062.jpg

P6300072.jpg

:colgate :colgate :colgate :colgate

Awww...so sweet...how could you not love him :lol Welcome and thanks for sharing your cute pics

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest SunKissed

Thank you! Does anyone know how to resize pics so that I don't get such massive ones and the mods don't have to resize them?!

Guest Jennifer4719

Welcome frome Ohio! Maverick is very handsome.

We camp and trail ride with our horses and of course the dogs(one grey and one mixed breed) LOVE to go camping!! They do well around the horses too!

Guest krohe

Welcome, Maverick! Such a handsome boy! :welcome2

More pics, please! :digicam

Did you notice this emoticon looks just like Maverick? Was he a model?

:ghplaybow

Have fun with your new fur-baby!

Guest shanesmom

Congratulations! Maverick is so handsome. Love the cute, playful pics of him. Looks like he's already really happy to be home.

CONGRATS!!! :yay :yay :yay

(I'm pretty sure he was one of the pups we've GUR'ed to Allies this year! :D :D :D :D) :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest SunKissed
CONGRATS!!! :yay :yay :yay

(I'm pretty sure he was one of the pups we've GUR'ed to Allies this year! :D :D :D :D) :yay :yay

Yep I did get him from AFGWM :D :D :D

nobody laugh, but whats GUR'ed? :blush

Edited by SunKissed

Welcome! We have a fawn boy that we named Goose! My son is a fan of Top Gun

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest TheUnrulyHound

What a SWEET SWEET FACE!!!!! Welcome to GT!!!! Greyhounds are addicting!

GUR=Greyhound Underground Railroad.... people work together to get greys to their new homes cross state or country :) A wonderful thing for the houndies!!!

Guest SunKissed

Thank you everybody for the kind words! I'm totally loving GT!

CDNgreys: Maverick has not caught on that he is almost three....can you tell?

Welcome to Grey Talk!!! :welcome2 and congrats on your beautiful Maverick!! He looks like a total blast to have around (in addition to being very handsome.)

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France