Sophie's In Surgery

Guest Becky__R

Guest Becky__R

My grey is getting a tumor removed from her paw today. Its on the top, between two of her toes. The vet is using a laser, since it's in a tricky place and grey's don't have much skin to begin with. She's also getting her teeth cleaned, which is long overdue. Since she is 11, I've delayed putting her under anesthesia for the teeth. Hopefully she'll feel better when she wakes up with sparkling teeth and a fixed paw. I'll pick her up tonight. The vet said the chance of this cancer spreading to other body parts was low since we caught it early

mypup.jpg

Sophie Girl

Sending prayers and light for an easy surgery and uneventful recovery. :hope And :kiss2 's for your baby girl. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I have my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly, that the tumor isn't anything to worry about, and that sweet Sophie heals up quickly! (also that her teeth all get to stay in her mouth).

I hope everything went well today.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Hope all goess well with Sophie. Do you know what kind of tumor it is? I just had my Bessie at the vet twice this week. After dislocating her toe twice she now has a hard lump on top of that toe. Vet would rather remove whole toe than biopsy just the lump. Total cost for surgery and pathology: $761. GULP...

How long has Sophie had the tumor?

Thanks, and hugs to Sophie,

Sue

Guest Becky__R

All of your kind thoughts certainly helped. Sophie is back at home recuperating. She is still weak, and can't put any weight on her bad paw. She needs help going down stairs and is taking it easy. The dental cleaning went fine, but she lost a couple of teeth. The Vet gave us a mouthwash to use, and I'm wondering if any one else gives their dog a routine mouthwash. It's called dentahex and is for freshening doggie breath and plaque reduction.

I use a rinse on our four called C.E.T. Dental Rinse. I think chlorhexedine (sp?) is the main ingredient, which sound like what yours is, too. I also brush every day with electric brushes and CET toothpaste. It does help!

Glad your pup is home recuperating. Hope it's unremarkable, and NO recurrance!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest Becky__R
Hope all goes well with Sophie. Do you know what kind of tumor it is? I just had my Bessie at the vet twice this week. After dislocating her toe twice she now has a hard lump on top of that toe. Vet would rather remove whole toe than biopsy just the lump. Total cost for surgery and pathology: $761. GULP...

How long has Sophie had the tumor?

Thanks, and hugs to Sophie,

Sue

I took her in as soon as I found it. Sophie gets a good check at least twice a month from me, so it must have surfaced rather quickly. We are opting not to do an additional biopsy. We paid for a biopsy at the Vet's that was inconclusive but looked like stage 1 cancer. It was $600 for teeth cleaning and lump removal [yikes]. We have decided not to proceed with cancer treatments. The Vet said we caught it early. Sophie is older and has been a bit frail for the past year, so we feel this treatment plan is what is best for her. It's a hard choice. She's been eating rotisserie chicken ground in the food processor with rice since she's been back home. Her choppers look great, and she's been enjoying her sick-day food immensely. I've never seen her so excited about what's in her dog bowl before.