Good Thing I Got Hired On At The Hospital

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

Some of you folks may remember when she got so sick and was hospitalized for several days. Many of her symptoms were indicative of closed pyometra, but when the vet went to do surgery, that wasn't the case at all. So she was spayed and we started treating on the assumption of an autoimmune disorder. She was also started on a high dose of pred at the time which finally brought her fever down (it hadn't responded to antibiotics).

Unfortunately prednisone will impede healing from surgery, and she's got a lovely hernia that is increasing in size. She is the wild child of the house, along with Sissy, and I frequently have wrestlemania between the two. We don't need an emergency like a strangulated hernia, so off she goes first thing Thursday morning for surgery.

So, now we have Miss Bug with systemic lupus, Mister Kister-a geriatric and very personable FIV+ cat, Mr. Toby who is definitely improved over the initial scare with him going down in the back legs, but at perhaps 75% these days (and 15 years of age), Riley kitty who lightened the pocketbook considerably when he got plugged up, Miss Raven who at over 16 years of age now gets special meals (Isaac's stew/kibble/magic powder) and an Ensure at night (thanks to fairy doGmother Patsy) and of course her heart meds, and...and... :blink: :blink:

DeVon-who plum ran out of thoughts at the moment :lol

You are so busy with your own little nursing home, you forgot about your own ouch's. How is your back doing lately?

When it rains, it pours!

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest Tenderhearts
You are so busy with your own little nursing home, you forgot about your own ouch's. How is your back doing lately?

I'm doing okay considering being on crutches because it throws everyone out of whack. I actually had another set of steroid injections into my tailbone this morning. Talk about uncomfortable! I've been making it about 6 months in between injections, and this time I think I went close to 9 months. It knocks out the sciatica.

I've been taking my orthopedic cushion to sit on at work, but with me currently using a wheelchair, it's really starting to bother my lower back. Fortunately I see the podiatrist on Friday to see if I can start walking on the foot with the stress fracture again. I also started PT last week, and I'm getting deep tissue massages on the lower back, heat/TENS unit applied, and some exercises, so that does help.

I still need to get the discogram done this summer. That got put off when I had the hernia surgery done in January just before spring semester started. The bulging disc is leaking fluid, albeit slowly.

Thanks for asking!

Hey, what about Randy?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Tenderhearts

Amber's taking Miss Bug in at 8 this morning for the surgery. Prayers would be appreciated! I won't be home from work till this afternoon! :hope :hope :hope

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:hope

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Tenderhearts

Baby BugBug is home and in her crate for now. She's got two blankets plus her very own pillow. :)

Sissy wants her to come out and play, and that is so KNOT going to happen! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts! :D

Glad to hear the bug is home safe and sound.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest KyGrey

I am just now seeing this and want to send good thoughts for your whole household. It sounds like all of you could use a little extra something these days. :bighug

How's Miss Bug feeling today?

tiny hada siggy.png