Lump On Throat

Please tell me not to worry, but just found a lump on Paquita's throat with an almost one inch diameter, it is halfway her neck, on the front, somewhere where I would expect her larynx to be.

I feels solid and like it is deep imbedded between her muscles.

We just were at the vet Friday for her yearly vaccinations and looked healthy but we overlooked this.

Easy because she has a wonderfull thick coat.

If it doesn't go down, I'll make an appontment with the vet tomorrow.

But for some reason this really scares the (well you know what I mean) out of me.

Edited to add that for quite some time she has been panting a lot more than normal, but the vet and I both thought that was because of the Tensurine she is getting for her incontinence.

Edited by galgomum

Guest Energy11

Possibly an enlarged thyroid gland, but, no matter, it is something I'd get checked ASAP. Just be sure her airway is open and working and her tongue isn't blue, etc.

Good luck and keep us posted! D

Definately needs to be checked out. Could it have possibly been caused by the vaccinations? I know she didn't receive the vaccinations there, but her body could be having a reaction to them. I truly hope it is nothing. Sending lots of white light her way. I'll be checking back to see what you find out about this.

I was thinking enlarged thyroid gland too - sounds like it's in the right sort of place - has she had her thyroid function tested recently?

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

We're back from the vet.

As it turned out, the lump was too low for her thyroid, which in a way was a relief.

But whatever it is, it is in a rotten place, too close to her windpipe.

Anyway, since she is the best girl in the world, the vet asked if we could do a needle aspiration if I held her. She did it twice, from two sides.

The tissue looks fatty, but there are some cells there she doesn't trust.

She was surprised, if it is a fatty tumor, she never seen one that high up the throat.

But right now I am crossing my fingers for a fatty tumor.

We are looking at an operation if it is, if it grows it will give her problems breathing pretty soon, not a good idea when she has to go through the stress of flying to the US.

If it is more than just fat tissue, I am not sure what to do yet, removal if it is just this, but I guess we will be taking x-rays than.

But all in all, the vet was worried about her.

And that is something I hate seeing, seen that too often.

So please, keep your fingers crossed it will "just" be removing the lump.

Well I hope it is just a fatty tumor and that it can be easily removed.

Is she coming to the US? With you?

Are you moving? or visiting?

Yes, Cara and Paquita are coming with me to the US.

LOL, the powers of GT worked and Cara and Paquita will be getting two greyhound brothers in a matter of weeks now.

If things are ok and Paquita gets approval to travel that is, for now that is all I want to think about.

Sending good thoughts!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown