Lee Lee's First Checkup Since Being Diagnosed...

Guest KyGrey

Guest KyGrey

About 2 months ago Lee Lee was diagnosed with kidney issues. He had his first check-up yesterday since being put on a prescription kidney diet and news meds. I don't usually talk about him on here that much but had to share the news.

I received that call today from the blood results and his BUN has gone from 42 to 28. It should be below 27 but this is a huge drop and the vet and I are so happy. His Creat is still a little high at 2.3 but they don't seem to be as concerned as with the BUN.

I am so happy today! :yay:yay:yay

Now that is fantastic news!!!! I always love good news in H&M!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

That's GREAT news, Patti!

Give that boy a big smoochie from me, OK?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest KyGrey
That's GREAT news, Patti!

Give that boy a big smoochie from me, OK?

You got it!

He may be 13 1/2 but he's still hanging in there. Thank you for all the well wishes and congrats. He's pretty special to me. :colgate

Patti, what good news!!!!!! LeeLee has a special place in my heart as well as Suzy's. :wub::wub:

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Patti, it's so nice to read good news.......

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

:yay:yay:yay:yay The best news in the world!!!

All your care Patti is paying off, you knew what had to be done and you did it, and I have no doubt that Lee Lee, Wayne's 'bestest' man is grateful.

That drop in his BUN is fabulous. You know we love that guy!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest KyGrey

Now if I can just get him to eat! I have tried 3 times today and he has eaten maybe a total of 1 cup or so. I got him to eat about a 1/2 cup of plain dry kidney food. I've tried mixing things with it and without it. I just have to keep trying.

Now if I can just get him to eat! I have tried 3 times today and he has eaten maybe a total of 1 cup or so. I got him to eat about a 1/2 cup of plain dry kidney food. I've tried mixing things with it and without it. I just have to keep trying.

Lee Lee, this story is becomming way too familiar, first the whine, then the not eating, you need to straighten up there young man and start eating!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Wonderful news!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Yeah LeeLee!!!!!!! Way to go guy!!

Is he on a stomach acid reducer? Libby started Pepcid I think (it was one of those for people) and it made a big difference in how well she ate.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly