Sadie's Results

Guest BlackandBrindle

Guest BlackandBrindle

Ok, so we have good news :D

The vet left a message and he's faxing the results to me, but Sadie has gone from a 1:18 titer to a 1:9 titer :yay :yay

Also, her liver results are NORMAL!!! :confetti :confetti

And if anyone is interested, this is what I did for Sadie's liver. We put her on Denamarin, but anyone who's used the drug knows how expensive it is. $80+/month at the vet. You can find it online for $52ish/month but that's still a lot, especially if you are paying for other meds at the same time.

So I went to Costco and got the SamE. I bought a 90 day supply for about $30ish. I have been alternating Denamarin, SamE, and milk thistle for Sadie in order to make them last a little longer. In fact, I believe that once the Denamarin is gone, I'm going to go straight to SamE instead. This was a little experiment to see if the values would go down and they have.

On another note, I'm not staying at my current vet. What an a--hat! I made an appt with the vet across town for Sadie and the lady I spoke to REMEMBERS WHEN I PICKED HER UP FROM THE CLINIC OVER 2 YEARS AGO. This is the vet practice that originally saw her when she came off the track.

So Happy Memorial Day Weekend to us!

Oh, and she said we'd do something for the nausea as well. Yay!

Yippee!!!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

That is great news!!! cheerleader.gif

Thanks for that info, too. I am going to pass it along to a friend whose Staffy is having liver issues.

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest myjazzy

Wonderful news! Thanks for the tip on Denamarin. I am thinking of putting Cafe on it or something similar since she is on phenobarbital.

Guest BlackandBrindle

I'd definitely try SamE and milk thistle (maybe alternating between them) before denamarin. Denamarin is so expensive and doesn't seem to have any more affect (effect?) than the other, less expensive alternatives. :)

Yeehaw! Greyt news! Happy, happy, joy, joy! Sadie's on the mend!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest trevdog

Super news! That stuff works wonders! Dallas just got a clean bill of health too liverwise after being on it for 30 days. I'm also planning to get her started on Sam E and milk thistle.....

Guest BlackandBrindle

Hopefullly after the next titer test we'll be able to either significantly lower her dosage or take her off completely if her titer is still low.

I just spoke to the new vet's office. I love them already. It's nice to be able to call and get a straight answer. In fact, it's absolutely amazing!

So we go in on Friday to get Sadie started with the new vet. :yay

It'll just be me and both pups, so wish us luck! :blush:lol