It's Flash

Come on, Flashy, if you don't eat, you'll have to go to the v.e.t. who will do undignified things ......

Sending prayers, Patti.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding my prayers for the Flashman. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Poor Flashy, come on and eat big guy. You're making us all worry.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

If you're wanting him to eat kibble, try something fish based, with some warm water poured over it. It's stinky, maybe he'll like it.

For my picky sick boy, I've made macaroni, mashed potatoes, with cottage cheese, yogurt, turkey baby food, cereal, bread. Basically anything he'll eat that is low in fat (he has pancreatitis).

If you're to the point of "I just want him to eat SOMETHING" try mashed potatoes with cottage cheese and some beef broth.

Sutra now eats Solid Gold Wolf King with mashed potatoes or macaroni as a meal. Solid Gold is expensive kibble but it's good stuff. I highly recommend it...whichever variety applies to your situation, I say go for it. They have it at our Petco.

The other dogs eat Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream. My picky girl likes it.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest FullMetalFrank

Flashy, I hope you feel better and start eating soon! You are worrying your momma and all of your GT friends.

Patty, I don't know if this will help. On the days that he didn't want to eat much, I found starting the meal for Hobbes with a little bit of chicken soup & broth (Lipton's or Campbell's in the package) soothed his stomach and seemed to perk up his appetite. Then I'd follow with boiled chicken mixed in with mashed potatoes - sometimes he would take kibble mixed in with the potatoes & chicken. Other combinations were boiled chicken in macaroni, or beef in macaroni. He loved butternut squash mixed in on occasion.

I hope Flash feels better soon. It is so hard when you are worrying about getting enough food into them.

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes and suggestions. Flashy will KNOT eat anything that is fish based...not even Grizzly Salmon Oil. He ate 1/2 can of EVO that I spoon fed him this morning...1 poached egg on toast this afternoon that Fred hand fed him. When I was at the vet yesterday they had a cookie jar with prescription T/D in it. I grabbed him a couple hoping to entice him to eat a cookie after his trauma at the vet. He wouldn't eat it there but did chow those right down when we got home. So I went and picked up a small bag of the T/D after work today and he ate about a cup of it as long as I said "cookie" and put it in his mouth. Maybe he will eat some more of that tonight...he has a huge aversion to his bowl. :blink: He did eat some of my sloppy joe and a couple of fresh cut french fries. One thing we ALL know...our little man is stubborn! :blush We are just worried about our little man.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

........not "stubborn".........."gourmet"! :lol Now he has an aversion to her bowl? Better set a place for him at the table! At this rate, he's going to be expecting a menu! Oh, please eat, Flash! :goodluck

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Flashman, Wayne wants you to know that we will all be there with you on Thursday, so do not be afraid. BDR our friend!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Patti,

First hugs to everyone at your house. :bighug maybe try putting his food on a plate. I know that Stacia had to do that with one of her hound for a while. It seemed to help.

Cully & the kids

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

he has a huge aversion to his bowl

When this happens here, I feed them off a plate, paper or regular, it doesn't matter. They think it's different and they've pulled one over on me. Truth is... they are eating and I got them! :lol

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

oh geez, Patti! Just seeing this now :( :(

hoping and sending prayers that Flashy is eating !!!!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

How's Flashy this AM? Still praying that his tummy gets better.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest HersheysMom

Thinking of Flashy - how are you feeling today, honey?

Two things that have worked for us with very sick dogs - steak and cheese subs and McDonalds cheeseburgers.

Edited by HersheysMom