Saying Goodbye To Misty

We are praying for you and Misty. She is a beautiful girl.

Hoping for a miracle for you.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KyGrey
I'm very sorry to hear this, and I wish her safe and gentle passage to the thing.

The THING???? what the heck is THAT supposed to mean? look, if you cant say something that is comforting to the original poster dont say anything at all.

how much more rude can you be?

The Thing?? What is this "thing" you speak of?

There are quite a few threads I won't respond to because I don't have anything nice to say. Maybe this is one that you shouldn't have responded to. That was pretty thoughtless when someone is in the process of having to say goodbye to their beloved pet especially after an illness like Misty has had. It's been a rough road not only for Misty but for her mom. I can't believe such a "thing" as this was said.

Guest Energy11

WE ARE sooooo sorry for you and for Misty!

They think My Curfew has a pituitary tumor ... I am not doing any further testing! No matter WHAT type of tumor it is, we will do only comfort care, and take it day by day ... like I am SURE you did!

WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR A PEACEFUL JOURNEY FOR YOUR MISTY! My Bob from whom I was widowed, Bold Energy, Dasher, and Max, will be here for her! She can also look out for Curfew when his time comes!

LOTS OF LOVE, CARING AND PRAYERS FROM DEE, CURFEW, GOLDIE, OAKLY, STAGGERLEE AND CARI

They think My Curfew has a pituitary tumor ... I am not doing any further testing! No matter WHAT type of tumor it is, we will do only comfort care, and take it day by day ... like I am SURE you did!

WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR A PEACEFUL JOURNEY FOR YOUR MISTY! My Bob from whom I was widowed, Bold Energy, Dasher, and Max, will be here for her! She can also look out for Curfew when his time comes!

LOTS OF LOVE, CARING AND PRAYERS FROM DEE, CURFEW, GOLDIE, OAKLY, STAGGERLEE AND CARI

I read Curfew's story, and allow me to just tell you this. IF the tumor is due to Cushings, it can successfully be treated with meds. Misty's was pituitary dependent and Misty was beating it, we were just unfortunate that her liver has been affected

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest sweetpea

I'm so very sorry for you and Misty.

I've always thought the best part of that old Irish Blessing is the line that reads:

~And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand~

That is my wish for all who leave us, and that is my wish for Misty.

Beth and Sweetpea

Oh Claudia my heart is breaking for you. You and Misty will be in my heart tomorrow and you know she will have so many friends to meet her. Jack will be waiting!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Energy11

I read Curfew's story, and allow me to just tell you this. IF the tumor is due to Cushings, it can successfully be treated with meds. Misty's was pituitary dependent and Misty was beating it, we were just unfortunate that her liver has been affected

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE INFO on the pituitary tumor and Cushings! What testing did they do, and what meds did they prescribe? I have an email into Dr. Couto about this, as well.

I am sorry Misty's liver failed! sooooooooo sorry! D ... prior to a week ago Wednesday, Curfew had NO Cushings symptoms. His BP was elevated last Wed., but it would be due to a lot of things. His cortisol"creatinine ratio was normal ... Thanks for the advice in your time of crisis! THAT means sooooooooo much! love, Dee

Guest ss556

Claudia, I'm so very sorry it is coming to this. You know how upset I still am and now this. I will be sending my prayers for you and for Misty. What a beauty. You've done a lot for her and she was lucky to be in your home. I'm heartbroken again.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE INFO on the pituitary tumor and Cushings! What testing did they do, and what meds did they prescribe? I have an email into Dr. Couto about this, as well.

I am sorry Misty's liver failed! sooooooooo sorry! D ... prior to a week ago Wednesday, Curfew had NO Cushings symptoms. His BP was elevated last Wed., but it would be due to a lot of things. His cortisol"creatinine ratio was normal ... Thanks for the advice in your time of crisis! THAT means sooooooooo much! love, Dee

Dee, the test for Cushings is an 8 hour blood test. They can do a 2 hour cheat test but I wouldn't. It's an ACTH supression to dx and it's the ACTH stimulation to monitor. And there are 2 meds to treat, both are anti-cancer drugs, Lysodren and Trilostane.

I've got your boy tucked in my prayers, I know it's a rough road

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest KansasGrey

Oh Claudia,

You and Misty have fought so hard. I do hope for a miracle too. Hugs to both of you!

Jan

Please, all my dearest friends, deep breath and big :grouphug Please see this edited post:

"I'm very sorry to hear this, and I wish her safe and gentle passage to the NEXT thing.

My apologies for upsetting anyone.

I don't KNOW what happens next when someone or something dies--and I intended to say the "next thing.' I left out a word. Simple mistake.

I just don't happen to use the expression "the bridge," but I guess that's what I meant, if that clears it up.

Susan"

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies