Cafe Update

Guest myjazzy

Guest myjazzy

I went to visit Cafe this morning and she seems to be doing ok. She's acting normal, like there's nothing wrong with her. She's even putting full weight on the leg and not limping at all. There is still swelling in the lower leg, but it doesn't look any worse, and the open wound on the outside of of her leg is about 3" in diameter, but looks good. Now the inside of her leg, OMG!!! :jaw There is a cavernous hole, where you can see all the insides of her leg: muscles, ligaments, tendons and whatever else there is in there. This is going to take a looooong time to heal. I've never seen anything quite like it. On the upside, even though I could see the insides of her leg, all the tissues look nice and pink. It's a good thing a have a strong stomach, but with a large pack you kind of have to.

Thanks for checking in on my little girl.

Edited by myjazzy

Guest Energy11

Glad she is doing well, also!

Yes, I HAVE seen wounds like that, not only at the vets I used to work for, but in human medicine as well. They ARE hard to look at, but do eventually heal.

We are sending good luck and prayers your way! Dee and The Five

I'm relieved to hear that she's improving. I hope she heals quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oops! Updated the previous thread. The swelling is coming down and she is slowly improving. The vet was happy to see that today.

Great News!!!!! Yahhhh!!!!! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

That's wonderful news! Cheers for more healing!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest myjazzy

This morning's update: the swelling is down even more and the wound is healing. :thumbs-up The vet said Cafe is the perfect little patient. Well, of course she is. She's getting everyone at the vet's wrapped around her little paw. :)

That's great news. Sounds like she's enjoying her stay at the vet. :)

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest myjazzy

I visited with Cafe this morning and she is definitely on the mend. The swelling is completely down and things are healing. Mind you, she still has a gaping hole on the inside of her leg, but all the tissues look pink and healthy. From now, it's just a matter of how long it takes for the wound to close. I think she was hoping I was there to take her home, poor baby. I can see her being there a good two weeks or more. Sigh

ETA: Thank you everybody for your continued prayers and good thoughts. Both Cafe and I appreciate it very much.

Edited by myjazzy

Such wonderful news! I'm so glad she's on the mend. Prayers that she continues to heal quickly and can come home soon!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

That's great that she's healing, poor little girl. I sure wish she could come home.

Always in my prayers

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless