Hannah Is Limping - Another Update Post 1 :(

Guest hannahmom

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just can't be bad, I won't have it! Lots and lots of prayers, white light, and good thoughts coming for Hannah and a huge hug to you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest hannahmom

Well, 300.00 later, we know no more than ever. Xrays show some minor spondolosis, but not enough to cause the pain she's experiencing.

http://www.bigdogshugepaws.com/pet-health/...ers/spondylosis

Stomach looks good, spleen looks a tad extended, but hers always has.

She's full of crap even though she has had 2 good poops today. She's not peeing, but she is drinking

Blood tests are being run as we speak

Anti inflams and painkillers continue

She's still in pain, but the drugs should kick in by later this evening

Edited by hannahmom

Guest hannahmom

Vet left a message while I was driving home - there was something in the bloodwork that leads them to want to increase her pain meds a LOT

( Deramexx to Tramadol), but the vet has her file and the clerk has no clue as to what the tests showed

I'm off to go get the meds and damn well find out what the tests showed

:angryfire

What Judy said.

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest hannahmom

Well, it turns out that the pain meds she was originally on are contraindicated for animals with kidney issues and the bloodwork showed that her kidney levels had taken a jump in the last 6 months. Therefore, they thought it best to A Change the meds and B Increase the dosage as some of the levels indicated that she would not be a comfortable pupper

Not a huge deal, but then why did it practically take an act of God and Government to get someone to tell me that?!?!?!

I had to sit in the waiting room and refuse to leave until someone reviewed the change in meds with me.

My vet will be calling tomorrow and we will be discussing this issue

Miss Monkey is still feeling crappy though, so any warm thoughts gratefully accepted

Guest argolola

How did I miss this thread???

Precious little girlie will be in my prayers. Please give her some soft, gentle hugs for me.

Come on Hannah, we want you to feel better sweet girl. Prayers she starts feeling better soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I hope she feels better by tomorrow. You too. :grouphug

Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Limping could be many things. Might want to get an x-ray done if she's still limping on Friday. Hopefully it'll clear up by then! Sending good thoughts and prayers to your special girlie. :hope

Yes agreed to all and many prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Tena, you have to be terribly worried.

Sending hugs and prayers. :bighug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I hope Hannah starts to feel better...out thoughts are with her and you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest hannahmom

Unfortunately, Hannah Boo isn't feeling well.

She's not eating - not even chicken hand fed from Daddy. :(

She's still in pain, so I'm off to the vets to drop off a urine sample and get more drugs

Oh no.

Please get better, little girl. Your momma needs to be healthy and strong and your normal snotty self.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Please start eating Hannah. Chicken is good stuff, especially by hand. You need food as well as good drugs.