Yopon Alan Wag

Guest ss556

Guest ss556

We adopted Alan on Nov. 21, 2000 as a "foster with intent to keep", having 3 cats. He ran after them immediately! After getting scratched a few times, he learned and things were fine, he was a keeper! He was adopted while my brother was dying of cancer - we needed something good in our lives and boy did we get it! We gave Alan the middle name of Robert, after my brother, hence his nickname, AliBob. He was so sweet from the beginning. He loved car rides, walks, playing with stuffies and was just so adorable and loving. He was always SO happy to see us and greet us at the door and loved to sit on the front lawn to watch the kids, people and other dogs go by. Everyone in my neighborhood knew and loved him.

Every July we would have a friend & family barbeque which always included a birthday cake/party for Alan. We watched him age, his face turned white, he was so handsome and I always told him that and that he just couldn't help it! He turned many heads on our walks. At 9 years old we learned he had high blood pressure and kidney disease. I became a lunatic and researched and researched and got a lot of help from people here. I managed him as best as I could and then some. There wasn't anything too much for me to do for him.

Suddenly one night this wonderful, beautiful, happy boy became ill and I immediately posted here on Greytalk. I knew he had to be seen so we went to the E-Vet. I thought a UTI or something like that but no, that was not the case. "Hemangiosarcoma". I hate that word. There was nothing we could really do. We stayed with him before, during and after we sent him to the Bridge. He did not suffer long, that was a promise I made to my love and the other promise was that my face would be the last face he would see. He looked like a handsome prince and went very peacefully.

The pain is overwhelming. There is a hole in my heart so big. We had Alan for 8 1/2 years and he was certainly like a son to us. I think my two human sons were jealous at times too! I love you Alan, more than I ever thought possible. There would never have been enough time together. You were taken so suddenly from us. The house seems so empty without you.

I hope I see you again my Pookie, Mr. Pookers, AliBob. You were my heart dog. I see what people mean. May you run free at the bridge and watch over us. I'll be waiting for that sign from you.

Good night my boy. Mommy, Daddy, Andy & John love you.

Alan3.jpg

Edited by ss556

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful tribute to your sweetest, gentle-faced boy. Sending prayers that your family's hearts will find peace.

Godspeed, Alan.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My deepest condolences to you and your DH. :grouphug Your precious boy was stolen from you prematurely by cancer. :( May you feel his loving spirit with you always, in your heart space. :beatheart

Godspeed, sweet Alan... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Patti604

I am very sorry you had to be parted from your beautiful boy Alan. He will be watching over you and your family and you will meet again!

Guest Spencers_Greyt

What a beautiful tribute to Alan! Made me start crying! I miss Alan as if he were mine. Run free and happy sweet Alan! You will be with your family again! :gh_run

:f_red Susan, so many hearts broken along with yours. Alan was loved so much and I know he knew that.

There was something very special about that boy and so many of us fell in love with him.

He leaves behind quite a legacy of love, and I know no deeper connection than the one you had with each other.

Alan, God speed handsome boy, run with all the Angels where there is no sickness, no age. Please continue to watch over those who love you and please help to heal the broken hearts left behind.

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

What a beautiful tribute to handsome, sweet Alan. He was an angel on earth, and now he's an angel up at the Bridge, running pain free and strong with all our babies that have gone before us.

:grouphug:f_red:gh_run

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Alan was a handsome and special boy.

Godspeed Alan.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I feel so badly for your loss. Yet for selfish reasons, I suppose, I'm very proud that you didn't let his kidney disease win. He enjoyed a wonderful life with you, the best, and couldn't have been better loved. I hope that consoles you.

:grouphug:f_red:grouphug

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).