I Guess It's Time To Post About This...

Guest KateWantsaGrey

Guest KateWantsaGrey

So i've been doing my best to avoid posting about this, but I think it's finally time. On Feb. 15th I had to put down my kitty, Bandit. It was by far the most painful, awful, and heartbreaking thing i've ever had to do. It makes me wonder, why do we even do this to ourselves? Why even fall in love so hard? But I know in my heart, that i'm more of the mind "Better to have loved and loss, than never have loved at all", but when the pain is fresh, it's hard. Bandit was my oldest friend, I was so young when I got him that I barely remember a part of my life where he wasn't there. Through all the good times and the bad, I had my sweet little Bandit to share it with, and comfort me. To make me laugh. I wish I had the ability to write a beautiful post about him, but I can't think of how to word a life time of memories. A piece of my heart when out of the room with his little body that day.

Rest in peace LB.

Bandit

1989-2009

katieandbandit.jpg

Misc057.jpg

banditinabox-1.jpg

banditandpace037.jpg

thanksgiving096.jpg

Misc049.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest how888

What beautiful pictures of Bandit.. Chase butterflies over that rainbow sweetie and soar with the angels....You will never be forgotten.. :f_white

I'm sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Bandit.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest GreytMuse

That photo of the two of you is just beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. f_yellow Many, many hugs to you.

Edited by GreytMuse

Guest LindsaySF

I'm so sorry about your kitty. He was beautiful. :wub: I love the Santa hat pic! :lol

My aunt's cat is 19 and getting frail. I grew up with that cat, I don't remember what it was like before she came, so I know how you feel. When an animal has been a part of your life for so long it is hard to let them go. :(

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am sorry for your loss. When I lost my Icky a few years ago it was very tough; he had been with me most of my adult life and was there for every major event, both happy and sad. Your kitty was beautiful; the pictures are so touching. Chase those butterflies over the bridge, Bandit....

What a beautiful kitty. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

What a sweet boy and how lucky for both of you to have had each other for so long.

I am so sorry for your loss.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Exena

I am so sorry about Bandit, and sadly, I know how you feel. Three years ago I had to do the same for my cat Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (aka Wolfie). I'd had him since I was 13, and lost him when I was 26. It was the first time that I had had to make that decision as an adult, and the pain was incredible.

I still have pictures of my Wolfie around in the house, some framed, some just photographs that are floating around. I couldn't look at them at first, but now they always make me smile.

It's so hard to lose them, but our fur kids make life so much better. Rest in peace sweet Bandit!