Meet My New Friend!

Guest schell86

Guest schell86

Hi!!

My dbf and I picked up our newest family member, Mesa Eagle yesturday. This is his track name, we're still trying to decide if we are going to keep it or change it...I'm voting keep it :) .IMG_7155.jpg

OMG he is GORGEOUS!!! :wow:wub: :wub:

Congrats! :baloons:balloonparty:yay:banana:baloons and welcome to GT! :welcome2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest schell86

Thank you to everyone!

He is settling in well so far! He is mastering the stairs (we live on the third floor) and seems to be doing well in the crate. I tried to wear him out this morning, we went for a loooong walk in hopes he would sleep when I had to go into work for a couple hours. He was curled up in his crate when I got home, so hopefully he didn't whine to much after I left :unsure The only odd thing is he doesn't take treats. We have several different kinds, a few he will take if it is placed on his blanket, but most he just sniffs and walks away...hopefully as he settles he will learn the goodness of treats!

Thank you to everyone!

He is settling in well so far! He is mastering the stairs (we live on the third floor) and seems to be doing well in the crate. I tried to wear him out this morning, we went for a loooong walk in hopes he would sleep when I had to go into work for a couple hours. He was curled up in his crate when I got home, so hopefully he didn't whine to much after I left :unsure The only odd thing is he doesn't take treats. We have several different kinds, a few he will take if it is placed on his blanket, but most he just sniffs and walks away...hopefully as he settles he will learn the goodness of treats!

Congrats and welcome. he is a beautiful red brindle boy, like my Teddy!

He will be taking treats one day soon. I remember when I had to place a cookie down and Beau would look at it and walk away. That will change as will everything else will. One day at a time, be patieint and keep a sence of humor!

Looking for updates!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Congratulations! :confetti Super handsome boy! Love the name!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest andthisisfresh

He is very striking! I just brought my boy home two weeks ago. His racing name was Hanks Eagle Eyes...I just call him Eagle. I would be cool to have another Eagle, but I'm kinda partial to Mesa. It just sounds good. Have a good time these first few weeks, Its fun to watch them discover everything. My pup is still pretty shaky and clumsy at times, but he's getting it. He just discovered how to hop up on my bed a few days ago. He will sleep through the night on his doggie bed, but if I want to sleep in...he gets anxious for his breakfast and outside time, and jumps up on the bed. It's cute. I heart him.

Guest FullMetalFrank

He's a stunner! Congratulations; he'll be begging you for treats soon enough! Both of mine, when they were new here, were kind of "suspicious" of treats and anything different from what they might have been used to. I remember the first time I gave Chels a piece of raw chicken she looked at me like she was going to get in trouble for having it!

I hve kept the race names (or a shortened form at least) for all of the hounds I have adopted; Iberia, Frank, and Chelsa.

Welcome from Florida!!

Your new boy is so handsome!! :heart

And :welcome to GT, too!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Keep both - then the first time he shreds a stuffy, you can say "Eagle - you're making a Mesa!!" (sorry.......)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

:confetti Congratulations!! :confetti

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound