Hi From Southern California!

Guest iHound

Guest iHound

Hi there everyone!

I've been lurking here for the past couple of months, browsing through the forums and soaking up as much info as possible before adopting. After having our home visit on Sunday, DH and I are officially approved to adopt our first Grey! I volunteered at my third Retirement Day for GPA/CA-OC&GLA on Saturday and met the most amazing red brindle boy. I was his guide that day and helped him through his bath, nail trim and medical check. I originally was paired with a different Grey but after seeing him something just clicked and I actually traded with a fellow volunteer because I just HAD to have him! I don't have his racing name yet but the name given to him at Retirement Day was Arrowhead (the theme was water names) He'll be coming home with us as soon as his neuter and teeth cleaning are done.

Here's where I need your help GT'ers! I rather like Arrowhead and was thinking of shortening it to Arrow. DH and the rest of the family however aren't too keen on it, so some other name suggestions are definitely in order. And of course here are a couple of pictures to help get the creative juices flowing ;)

157noyd.jpg

j5utzp.jpg

I look forward to sharing all of the new experiences we'll have with our boy and becoming a part of this greyt community :)

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

I like Aero too, but if he were my new baby, I would wait to find out what his track name was before I decided on a name. But that's just me.

BTW, he's a beautiful boy. Welcome!

Hi and welcome! Congratulations on your upcoming adoption.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest FullMetalFrank

Wow, he is stunning! I love the brindles with less-than-usual stripy-ness! I kept both of mine's racing names (shortened, anyways), they were nice names. I think you should do some research and find his out and then go from there, but I also really like Arrow. He looks like an Arrow! Welcome to GT and looking forward to seeing much more of your gorgeous boy!

:yay :yay :yay Arrowhead is one of the most beautiful boys I have ever seen, and he is just a doll. I'm Shannon from GPA OC/GLA, I was just thinking about you two tonight and wondering if you found GT. I guess you did! :lol Welcome aboard!

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

Congratulations .... if you don't like Arrow - how about Archer?

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Congratulations -- he's beautiful and looks like a lot of fun; there's a real sparkle in his eye!

I'd find out the racing name before you finalized your decision on the name you'll use, just so you know what you're changing from (that's me, anyway). If he just became Arrowhead, what was he called before?

And welcome to GT! We're happy to have you (especially when you include pics on your first post! :colgate)!

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest koolaidnconner

Congratulations!!!

I love Arrow to but like everyone else I would see what his racing name is. I kept one of my boys racing name as I thought it was such a greyt name and the other got changed.

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Congrats & Welcome.

You really do have a beautiful boy!!

I'm like the others, would like to see his racing name but I love the name Arrow. I too kept my boys racing name.

Guest iHound

Thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome! He is a special boy indeed :wub: More pictures to come once he comes home.

I think I'll take your suggestions and wait until I get his racing name to decide. I'm not sure why the family doesn't like Arrow. Just personal preference I suppose.

Hi Shannon!- I saw your Greyhound tattoo at Retirement Day and I knew that I had seen it posted on Greytalk, but I didn't have the guts to come up and say hello :blush

Edited by iHound

Welcome and congratulations! I love the name Arrow and also like the idea of Archer. or Archie.

He's a real beauty.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest fatesrelease

How handsome!!!! You are very very lucky! Congrats and good luck! I agree, see what his racing name is. We just adopted and her racing name was Fuzzy's Sarah so we kept Sarah :) But I do like the name Arrow if you decided you don't want to keep any of his racing name.

Guest iHound
Your baby is related to my baby. :) HB Commander is Shanti's grandpa and Coldwater Karisa is her mom who is the sister to one on Savvy's chart.

How neat! I was wondering if anyone's Grey here was related to him :colgate

We're still not sure on the name yet but we have another week or so to decide. A friend of mine mentioned Ferris as in Ferris Bueler. Thoughts?

Edited by iHound