Lost My Lincoln....

Guest brandi007

Guest brandi007

link.jpg

I had to help my beloved Lincoln to the bridge yesterday after almost 17 of the best years I could of expected from any cat. He was an old soul and the most gentle nice man I have ever met - he will leave a hole in my hear that nobody could fill. He was so handsome and when I was little I showed him in some local cat shows where he never failed to absolutely cover the front of his cage with rosettes, he even took 3rd best regional household pet one year which is a huge accomplishment. Everyone that met him loved him dearly - he's my little miracle man.

They say cats have 9 lives and I believe he used them all - I was truly beginning to think that he was immortal. He was born with a terrible heart condition where the wall between the two chambers of his heart would never stop growing and was supposed to kill him by his 4th birthday. His condition came with lots of medication and 3 bouts of pulmonary edema which scared me so bad, I thought I was going to lose him each time. He swallowed a 1 ft piece of vinyl one day and had to have it surgically removed - he came through all this and more with flying colours, surprising everyone that knew him with each year that he survived. I am truly in shock that he's gone.

I don't even know why he was born with sharp claws and teeth - he would never dream of using them. He caught one mouse 5 times in one week and never killed it, even the way he would play with our dog Misha who passed in September was gentle and kind. You would hold him like a baby and he would ever so lightly put his massive paws on your face and just purr, looking up at you with the most beautiful and unique blue eyes I've ever seen. Nice is the perfect word to describe my stinky linky - he was happy and spoiled which he deserved to the max despite the 6+ years of him deciding that the carpet was a much better potty than his litter box.

This tribute isn't nearly enough for a soul such as Link but I'm at a loss for words and the tears won't stop coming. He was fine on March 23rd and gone the next morning. My heart is broken - I'll miss you so much my sweet guy. Mum loves you.

Sleep sweet Linky....

n550965122_5294506_2559.jpg

Edited to add a nice picture of the Stinky guy taken just this weekend. We had a lion cut done on him recently because he just wasn't grooming himself well anymore (really, really, really clean main but nothing else). You can see his knitt sweater that we bought for him which he groomed and groomed - such a beautiful guy!

DSCN03472.jpg

Edited by brandi007

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sounds like Lincoln was a great friend to you. Hugs.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

You were so lucky to have such a special boy, and for such a long time against the odds. I'm so sorry he wasn't immortal. He should have been!

:f_red

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry. I have had to live with the loss of a beloved kitty, too. After three years, I still miss him so much, but

the tears are replaced with memories of the funny and precious moments you had with him.

:f_red:f_red:f_red

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry for your loss. His sweetness shows clearly through your tribute & his pictures. Godspeed Lincoln! f_yellowf_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's just so hard to let them go.

Lincoln does look like such a little love in that sweater .

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

:f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead