Abita Romeo

Guest Leah

Leah, I am so sorry. Others have said it better, but you did do the right thing for Romeo; you took his pain on yourself so that he could be free of it. Sending big hugs.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry1 I am so sorry :grouphug You did the right thing...sometimes their hearts are still strong even though their bodies are falling apart. Every passing is different and just the fact that you were there with him is all he knew or cared about :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss and pain. I know how hard that final act of love is. But, there is no greater gift. Romeo is running free and whole. He knows that you loved him more than your own need for him.

Give yourself time, it will not go away, but it will get better. One day at a time.

Run free, Romeo.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest DeweytheGreyt

They sure do give us a lot while they are here, but they take a part of us with them with they leave. I'm so sorry that you're hurting.

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

I'm so sorry for your loss. Boy how I can relate to your pain and confusion about making the right choice. I think we all struggle with that. My boy has been gone since November and I miss him like it just happened today. Prayers that your heart will heal quickly.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Romeo had a big heart full of love. He trusted you to do the right thing and you did. You did not make him suffer through the agony that is osteo. :grouphug :grouphug

Please don't doubt yourself. You loved him more than anyone ever could and he knew that. I'm so sorry for your loss :grouphug

Guest WarmheartedPups

I am so very sorry for your loss of Romeo. The same medication issue happened with my Dewey....but he was already leaping at the Bridge.

You did the right thing. I am sorry your heart is breaking. My thoughts are with you. :f_red

Don't torment yourself..........obviously you've always had Romeo's best interests at heart. It was the wrong decision for you but the right one for him.

May you find peace of mind.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Romeo.

Please don't beat yourself up over the terribly hard decision you had to make. Your decision was made out of love, and it was obvious you loved him very much. As dog lovers, it's one of the worst things we'll ever have to do in our lives.

Your post brought tears to my eyes because I felt the same way when I had to help our beloved whippet to the bridge last summer. I felt guilty. I kept hoping that he would go naturally, but he was suffering and we had to carry out that final act of love for our boy.

Wishing you peace at this very sad time.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Pipi5

:beatheart Leah...I like what Mike said...follow it.

You did the best thing in the world for him....he's pain free now. He's either napping on a big fluffy cloud, snacking on Burpdog biskits or he's running on all 4 pain free long beautiful legs with a breeze going through that golden hair. I know its hard to imagine it all now, but look deep in your heart & you'll see him. When you feel that little chest pain that we get sometimes, its just Romeo getting more snuggly in your heart.

I wish I could take all your pain away, nobody can right now. God put Romeo here for a purpose, he's fulfilled it, but beware, he's left that door cracked open so another can come in & start a new journey with you.

Your friend

Hilda

Romeo trusted you to do what was right for him--and you did it. Please do not feel guilty for sparing him from further discomfort.

Yes, his heart was strong--but his heart wasn't where the cancer was...where the pain was.

Romeo counted on you and you did not let him down.

I'm sorry it hurts so much. The only dog I've lost died unexpectedly in surgery, so I've never had to make that very hard decision. But I never got to say good-bye to her, either, and at least you had that--that opportunity and that very long life of fun, goofy memories to hang on to.

I want to cry for you...and with you. Your Romeo looks so much like my Sam, that this is like seeing into the future. I just hope I'll have the courage to say good-bye to Sam when he needs me to.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I'm so sorry. As others have said, please don't second guess yourself--you spared him a huge amount of pain. My Dalmatian also required a much larger dose than the vet originally thought. I'm sure Romeo is at the bridge, marking everything he gets near. Godspeed Romeo. f_yellow

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest TBaxes

Your Romeo is one of the most beautiful greys I have ever seen. Please know you have done the correct thing in helping him to a place where pain and discomfort do not exist. The bones are young again, and he is running with the wind and the stars. I will ask that our beautiful Bubba Nomad finds Romeo, and shows him around. They will me two clowns running around there, I am sure.

Please know you did the correct thing, please do not doubt it. Hopefully, soon, you will be able to greet another grey into your home.

Our deepest sympathy.

I'm so sorry for your pain. I'm so glad your Romeo's is done. Be gentle with yourself and please don't let his legacy be guilt. You loved him with all your heart and you did what was right. Listen Romeo, Jack and Lewis and all the other's are having a grand time at the bridge while they wait. In the mean time your angel will be watching over you.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest SoulsMom

I'm so sorry. PLEASE don't second guess your compassionate decision. You protected him until from immense pain, you are his hero :grouphug

Godspeed Romeo :gh_run2