Buddy Update

I just talked to Buddy's vet.

His bloodwork showed that his WBC's were high, as well as the lymphocytes. She says that can mean one of two things: infection somewhere [say, in the mouth; his teeth, especially the front ones, are not good], or lymphoma.

The results from the fine needle aspirate of his lymph nodes won't be back until Monday. I asked her if she was able to tell anything from the sample; she said they looked like "reactive lymph nodes" to her, but those can be hard to tell from a cancerous process, and she isn't a pathologist.

She also said the pathologist might be able to definitively say it's lymphoma, or not; if not, it doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have it. The treatment for lymphoma is either palliative care, or chemo. I told her we won't put him through chemo and she said her experience has been that it doesn't help that much anyway and she would not do it if she were in my shoes.

She said we could start him on antibiotics, in case it was infection. But I want to wait for the other report...he's already not eating much and I'm afraid of antibiotics upsetting his stomach further.

Finally, I asked her what her gut feeling was. She said she was afraid of lyphoma.

If he has lymphoma, we will not prolong the process. My dear sweet boy has not moved off his bed all day, not even when I got leashes out to take the other two for a walk, and he has eaten very little...chicken liver brownies, and DD got him to eat some baby food meat....

Please pray that we get a definitive result, whatever it might be.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Wrapping your Buddy up in all kinds of prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, Melissa.....Doug and I are thinking of you and Buddy, and sending prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I know very little about lymphoma. Is it common that the main sign (aside from generally not feeling well, losing weight, etc) is swollen lymph nodes? His were swollen when his LS troubles started, and they are swollen again....he was on antibiotics back at the beginning of February, but they are swollen again. :(

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Sending prayers for a treatable diagnosis, and loads of light for better days ahead. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sometimes I hate how long weekends can be. We'll wait for news with you, and our prayers are with your family and Buddy. :heart

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers with hugs..... :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Sending lots of prayers!!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Sending my prayers and white light for precious Buddy and his family. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What a day.

My prayers are with you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I know very little about lymphoma. Is it common that the main sign (aside from generally not feeling well, losing weight, etc) is swollen lymph nodes? His were swollen when his LS troubles started, and they are swollen again....he was on antibiotics back at the beginning of February, but they are swollen again.

That's pretty typical. There are so many lymph nodes in the body that symptoms can be glaring or so subtle that you might not notice. I will keep Buddy tucked in my prayers. :candle:candle:candle

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Just thinking of you and Buddy this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.