Phoenix Fractured His Front Leg

Guest chubbster

Guest chubbster
I'm really sorry to hear this :(

Thinking of you :grouphug

The vet called us around 1:00 am.

He was having a rough time. He had lost a lot of blood due to some internal bleeding....asked if they could do a transfusion...how ironic.

Very uncomfortable...they cannnot seem to settle him down.

Casting and coming home is not an option due to his level of discomfort and the type of fracture.

We have a very difficult decision to make...please pray for all of us that we do the right thing.

~judy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I am so sorry. My heart is with you. :grouphug Sending prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest sinaminsmom

Hugs to Adam! Phoenix knows how much all of you love him - this decision is so hard for your family but your heart will tell you what is best. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, Lynda

Judy- our thoughts and prayers are with you.

You will make the right decision for him, you always have.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I read on the GAA board that Judy is on her way to Upenn.

Sigh.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest chubbster

HI Everyone,

I just came back from UPenn..I had a chance to spend about 20 minutes Phoenix. I wanted to spend some alone time with him before we all go back down later this afternoon. This is going to be very difficult for all of us.

The Dr. told me that the x-ray indicated a "fissure" connecting the break to the lesion in his shoulder. No guarantees that the surgery would heal well, hold to stress.

The Drs. were wonderful...they even put a blanket so I could lay down next to him.

He is very swollen, very bruised, very uncomfortable. I rubbed his stumpy-butt and he seem to relax and fall asleep.

Again, please please please know just how much it means to have you all on this journey with us.

I was sitting outside at UPenn this morning, remembering the joy of seeing him jump up into the van, two days after his surgery, ready to start his new life, just 10 short months ago. Our time with him was just too short.

When we get back tonight, I just may not be in the emotional place to post...

Again thanks from the bottom of my heart...which is breaking right now.

~judy

Edited by chubbster