Introducing Amber....

Guest cindysmom

Guest cindysmom

Hello all,

Well, I had no idea I would be back so soon (it seems that way since Cindy left), but I have found another grey girlie to love. Her name is Amber (Al E Lamberghini). At first I said I would never get another dog, since I had had the "golden" dog with Cindy, so perfect for me in every way. Then it was "maybe I'll look this summer." After 3-4 weeks of a horribly quiet and empty house, I realized that I needed that so very special company of a grey again. I was looking at the adoption web site, and there was a new description of a female. It said she was a brindle (that didn't matter, but an interesting note further into this story...). She was cat friendly, kid friendly (important, as I walk the beach every day and lots of kids want to pet the dog), and just an all around wonderful girl. I contacted the group and made the arrangements to have another house check, as it had been over 3 years since the last one. That all went well. But, when I clicked on her racing name in the grey breeding and racing web site, what should I see, but another black girl and not a brindle at all! It was a typo on the adoption site.

Amber was apparently a bounce from a family here in my own town (the adoption kennels are in Woodinville, a ways away). They said, when they returned her, that she had a problem with peeing in the house. However, the foster mom had had absolutely no issues with that whatsoever. Soooo, I went and got Amber, and I have had no problems with that either. It then came out that perhaps "the husband didn't like her." Whatever... Their loss and my blessing.

All I can say is Amber is an incredible girl! It amazes me that with both her and Cindy, I have gotten the personality of dog that I needed the most, and I seem to be what they need too. Cindy was what I call an "old soul;" playful and loving but always a little reserved when it came to actual cuddling, which was fine. We had such a bond. We gently brought out the best in each other as time went along, exploring our new chapters in life.

Amber is an "eternal puppy!" And, oh my, what a snuggly girl! She even sleeps in the bed with me. I never could convince Cindy to get up there. The first night, as I was turning on the bedside lamp, she had already popped up and was circling to settle down. We woke up the next morning back to back and warm as puppies! lolol And, oh my, is this girl SMART! I only have to tell, or ask, her something once or twice, and she's got it down. She amazes me every day. And when she gets excited to go for walkies and when I come home from the store, she pogos on her hind legs in excitement. It's hilarious and just makes me laugh and laugh.

I know Cindy and God sent exactly who I needed after Cindy, and I couldn't be more grateful.

I haven't signed up with a remote photo keeper yet, but when I do, I'll post some photos of her. :)

Edited by cindysmom

Guest TheDoggfather

Couldn't have happened to a nicer lady... congratulations :)

And can you tell me where Amber's tail is in this pic?

Greyhound_Al_E_Lamberghini-big.jpg

Oh, wait, there it is! See the blur? That's what happens when you've got a happy hound who wags her tail non-stop ;)

Guest cindysmom

There's my girl! lolol Thanks so much! I never thought of going to the site to get that photo. Yep, that tail is going all the time it seems... She actually looks a little cross-eyed in that photo, but she's not... :wub:

Well we've already talked about this, but our stories are so similar it's amazing! Bailey was very much like Cindy and Holly and Amber sound like twins! Of course, all four of them look alike as well :lol I'm so happy that everything is turning out just like I knew it would :yay :yay

Welcome home, Amber!! :confetti :confetti

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest cindysmom

Okay, I got signed up with Photobucket, so here are a few of the photos I have so far...

This is our first night together. She's still a little dazed and confused by all the changes in her life.

th_IM000559.jpg

A "full body" shot...

th_IM000564.jpg

However, it didn't take her long to find Cindy's monkey and knew exactly what to do with it... Bite it in the hiney! I know Cindy wouldn't mind...

th_IM000560.jpg

And, after an exhausting and emotional day for both of us... There's no place like one's forever home!

th_IM000565.jpg

Edited by cindysmom

Congratulations!

What a great story. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

She's beautiful, Anne! Congratulations!!! :)

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest how888

She is stunning and so lucky to have a mommy like you!! Amazing what gifts our angels send from up over that rainbow.. She is just what you needed and she looks very spoiled already... Isn't it wonderful!

Congrats!! :clap

:confetti :confetti

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest FullMetalFrank

Wow, she is beautiful and so shiny! I think it's sweet when they walk right in like they've been there all along; that is how Chels was when she came home. Congrats on your new girl, you did good, Cindy!

she is one beautiful girl!!!! :wub: :wub:

she sounds like the perfect girl for you! congrats! :yay :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway