Nadia - Doctor Denzel

Texasgreys

Last August I was looking through some dogs at farms that were to be re-homed. I had lost my Doberman girl, Nova, to osteosarcoma in May and my Weim, Nash Bridges, to lymphoma the previous September, and was finally ready to re-build my pack. My eye was drawn to AHK Stormy, a young girl, so I emailed her owner. He asked me if I was looking for a pup, or just a new partner - I just wanted a partner, so he told me about some retired broods he had up for adoption. He recommended two of them, Lost the Plan (7YO) and Doctor Denzel (10YO).

I decided on the Irish girl Lost the Plan (I named her Tallulah), as I didn't want a 10YO dog (having lost 2 pack members, with 2 more really in hospice here). I went to pick her up, and as we were leaving Tallulah went up to this tiny old gal in a kennel by herself and kissed her through the fence. That was Doctor Denzel. I went home and thought about it, and decided to take her too.

post-15672-1234377687_thumb.jpg

Nadia was a love from the day she came home. She was mom to every Grey I fostered - no matter how big they were, if they acted up she'd grab their muzzle and settle them down. She finally learned to sleep on the bed with me, not moving all night and sometimes sleeping in, in the morning. Nadia had an appetite, but she'd usually wait till everyone was done and have the bowls to herself. Her favorite foods were sirloin steak and green tripe, and she especially liked me to feed her by hand.

She was diagnosed just last week with a bone tumor, but I hoped we'd still have lots of time for me to tell her how much she means to me, and how much I love her. Nadia left me far too soon, and there is an ache in my heart almost too much to bear.

post-15672-1234377785_thumb.jpg

One of my list friends had this to say to me, and it sums up Nadia's life with me:

"Remember they fall through our hearts into Heaven, through our arms into God's"

Godspeed, Nadia - I miss you so much!

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are so sorry for the unexpected loss of your precious Nadia. Even with a diagnosed illness, the pain of loss is the same. Hoping your heart heals quickly into fondness of memory.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest isntitgreyt

I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute brought tears to my eyes. You are wonderful for taking her into your home and loving her until the end and I'm sure she's looking down on you now and smiling.

Run Free Nadia, you beautiful girl.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She should have had a longer retirement, and been able to spend more time with you.

Godspeed Nadia.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest PhillyPups

Run with the angels beautiful Nadia, you are with some of the very best there are ~

Nadia left knowing she was truly loved and cherished for the being she is..

"Remember they fall through our hearts into Heaven, through our arms into God's"[/indent]

I am so sorry for the too-soon loss of your beloved Nadia. :crying

Your friend's quote is absolutely beautiful.

Rest in peace, sweet girl.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

:f_red I'm so sorry your beautiful girl had to leave. There must be a very important job that she is needed for.

God speed precious girl, you now run with the Angels, pain free. Please continue to watch over those who love you.

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Thanks, all, for the kind thoughts. Writing Nadia's memorial really helped me realize the joy I've experienced through her, and while it was cut way too short, our lives together were wonderful.

Your thoughtful - and heart-felt - comments make me realize that I'm not facing her loss alone, that I have cyberfriends to help me through the grief.

Grab your fur-kids' muzzles and tell them that Nadia says to behave!

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin