Nadia Has A Bone Tumor

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I'm so sorry to hear of Nadia's diagnosis. Morgan was 10.5 when his was diagnosed. Amputation and chemo gave him 3 more years.

Saying a prayer for your sweet Nadia. She is just beautiful. :hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest EmbersDad
Nadia, my 10.5 YO retired racer/retired broodie, has been diagnosed with a bone tumor in her left rear leg, probably osteosarcoma. She goes in for amputation on Monday, and after the bone biopsy confirms OS, we'll get the chemo drugs from the OSU and start chemo.

post-15672-1233798676_thumb.jpg

I know it will be tough, but I've got to give this old gal a chance. She's really enjoying being in my home and I'd like her to be here a while!

post-15672-1233798702_thumb.jpg

Wish us well...

i have no doubt nadia is gonna give em hell. will be keeping her in my thoughts. :hope

I'm so sorry to hear of Nadia's diagnosis. Morgan was 10.5 when his was diagnosed. Amputation and chemo gave him 3 more years.

Wow! 3 more years! Isn't that GREYT!

Thanks for that view - when my Weimaraner had lymphoma, I joined a group on canine lymphoma, and was encouraged by the list owner's dog Destiny's post-dx survival. Morgan has given me the same hope for Nadia!

Thanks!

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

I'm sorry to hear of Nadia's diagnosis :grouphug It's a very frightening time for you.

Lots of good wishes being sent for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery and then it's upwards and onwards for Nadia :)

Darcy Deerhound sends Nadia a high three. (15.5 months since diagnosis and amputation and just this week been given totally clear chest films)

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Darcy Deerhound sends Nadia a high three. (15.5 months since diagnosis and amputation and just this week been given totally clear chest films)

WOW! I have to say, there's a lot of hope on this list! Thanks so very much!

Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

WOW! I have to say, there's a lot of hope on this list! Thanks so very much!

Morgan and Darcy's stories can never be told enough!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

praying everything goes well for your beautiful girl!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Healing thoughts and prayers for your sweet girl. I went through this with my first grey at the age of 12. Robin's right....the first 2 weeks are terrible, but then you will see a huge improvement. I'll be thinking of you and Nadia.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Thanks for that view - when my Weimaraner had lymphoma, I joined a group on canine lymphoma, and was encouraged by the list owner's dog Destiny's post-dx survival. Morgan has given me the same hope for Nadia!

Thanks!

Sending my many prayers and hope. :grouphug I also joined the lymphoma board when Angel LaceyLaine was diagnosed....how is team Destiny?

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thanks!

Sending my many prayers and hope. :grouphug I also joined the lymphoma board when Angel LaceyLaine was diagnosed....how is team Destiny?

I'm also on the Lymphoma board right now. Team Destiny is going strong! :D Bonnie's 1 year lymphoma anniversary is tomorrow too. :)

Wishing you the best of luck for Nadia and her surgery. We will help you through the rough times and celebrate the good times! :goodluck

Team Destiny is going strong! Here is the summary as of yesterday:

Lynn and Destiny

"Team Destiny"

Dx lymphoma :9-29-05

In Remission Since:10-18- 05

Believe In Miracles!

So as Lynn says - Believe in miracles!