Adam-bear Is Limping

Guest CorbysMom

Guest CorbysMom

I consider myself a practical person. I have a fair amount of greyhound experience. I've stuffed entrails back into a freshly spayed greyhound who managed to eat every stitch out of her belly and ran her to the vet. I've stabilized broken bones. I've cleared blocked airways. I've dealt with seizures, cancer, pain management, geriatric greyhounds, puppies, everything in between. I can't fathom that there's all that much I haven't encountered, and I've always faced it pretty logically and calmly. Icewater courses through these veins, ya know.

So, why am I sitting at work, approaching tears? :(

I think it's because this isn't Adam's first unexplained limp. He's had it before and we attributed it to sleeping on his leg wrong, cramps, etc. This time it isn't going away and his hock is swollen. He

walked down the stairs like a puppy who was just learning how to navigate. He cried when Amber tried to move him. She gave him Deramaxx, which has taken the edge off, so he's sleeping now.

He's happy and safe with Amber, which makes me feel better. We're taking him to a local vet tonight to get some pain management going, then he's going to his real vet on Saturday, possibly for xrays. I have 2 emergency vets within minutes, too, so everything's covered.

I still feel sick. I'm so overprotective of that boy. We almost lost him once - I can't even entertain that idea. A few good thoughts for Adam-Bear sure would be appreciated.

Edited by CorbysMom

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sending many many good thoughts for your precious boy.

Try not to borrow trouble. It could be something easily fixed :grouphug and there's no amount of worry that is going to change it either way :grouphug :grouphug

I completely understand your fears.

Prayers for your sweet boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I remember the horrible attack on Adam and Amber :( :( :( :( what a brave pair they were to make it through so well!!!!!

sending many, many prayers it is nothing!!! :hope :hope :candle:hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Good thoughts for Adam from here. I hope he just twisted something & is being dramatic. :goodluck:hope

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

More good thoughts and prayers for Adam-bear! I truly hope it isn't serious.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I took Lee to have a dental a few weeks ago. I had to stay with him due to him freaking out the week before when they tried to do it. As they were getting him prepared, the tech looked at his back leg.... it was swollen from the 'knee' down. I hadn't noticed. Due to him being a greyhound, she said the dental would not continue until that leg was x-rayed.

Thank goodness, nothing was found. I will pray that your's goes the same way. A difference being that Lee wasn't limping - that I noticed. I still don't really know why. The guess was that there was a tiny sore on his foot that caused it.... ??

Good luck.

Lee: (RR's Busy): Oswald Cobblepot X Lively Layla (10/14/97 - 01/22/10) ; Cool: (P's Cool Runner): P's Raising Cain X My Cool Runner (3/3/97 - 12/26/09) ; Nutty: (Itsanutterbutter): State of the Art X Itsalmostsaintly ; Waterproof: (KB's Waterproof): Oshkosh Slammer X Special Lady* ; Sadie: my sweet silly girl: 5/5/98 - 11/26/05

Guest CorbysMom
Good thoughts for Adam from here. I hope he just twisted something & is being dramatic. :goodluck:hope

I wish, D. His left leg is 2.5 times the size of his right leg. He's in pain. :(

So, we're back from the vet $100 poorer, with pain meds in hand. This vet is just his "boo boo" vet. Nice guy, but he doesn't listen and doesn't have diagnostic equipment. This visit was just a band aid until we can get Adam to his real vet on Saturday. I don't care what it costs; I just want Adam better. Still keeping the e-vets numbers handy, too. A lot can happen from now to Saturday, so I want to be prepared. Hope we see some positive improvement in the next 24 hours! :hope

Sending prayers and warm white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending huge amounts of love and prayers and good thoughts.

Try not to get too upset before you know what you're dealing with. I've seen a greyhound with joints so swollen and sore that the skin was breaking down over the swelling and was weeping - that turned out to be septic arthritis. And it was treated and resolved. I know what you're thinking though, and I know how scary this is. It could also be a fracture.

Hoping for good news after the x-ray. :goodluck

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I wish, D. His left leg is 2.5 times the size of his right leg. He's in pain. :(

So, we're back from the vet $100 poorer, with pain meds in hand. This vet is just his "boo boo" vet. Nice guy, but he doesn't listen and doesn't have diagnostic equipment. This visit was just a band aid until we can get Adam to his real vet on Saturday. I don't care what it costs; I just want Adam better. Still keeping the e-vets numbers handy, too. A lot can happen from now to Saturday, so I want to be prepared. Hope we see some positive improvement in the next 24 hours! :hope

Oh Sis!! You know I am sending you, Adam, and Amber the most healing thoughts. I know how practical, knowledgeable, calm and greyhound savvy you are. I also know how scared you are. I make the same offer to you that you made to me. Let me know and please keep us all posted.

How's Adam this morning? Did the vet have any useful information to offer?

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis