What Happened To Polli?

RobinM

Things have been super until about 1/2 hour ago. I know no one can help me unless someone has a crystal ball.

She's been a little bit more quiet today than usual. She has not been interested in eating.

We let her out for a potty break about 8:30. While I was upstairs 3 floors up, I thought I heard a cry but didn't really think twice since she is outside 3 floors down, all windows closed, etc.

DH comes up with her and says she let out a cry but came walking fine. He brought her back up and she has been panting and standing and shaking. I have not seen this since we brought her home from her amp.

Dh went outside to see what could have happened. He thinks that she slipped in the snow as there is a patch that looks like it could have been from a slide. We just gave her 50mg of tramadol and 75mg of deramaxx. She won't sit. I am hoping that the meds will kick in and she will get some relief.

Please say a prayer that she will be OK and that this too shall pass. Quickly.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers for your sweet Polli! Please keep us posted on how she is doing!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest EmilyAnne

Henry acted similar to this way this once before when he got spooked by a really loud vehicle that drove past us. He just stood there and shivered unbelievably for about 5-10 minutes, and then cautiously proceeded on. Hopefully Polli just got spooked and did not fall or anything.

Saying prayers that this episode passes SOON and that everything is fine in the morning. Neither you nor Polli need this stress!

:bighug

Guest greydogluvr

Oh, no! Prayers that she is just frightened. If she did slip it is possible that she just hit her amp site just right (or wrong). I am so sorry. I will be watching for an update. Hugs to you all :bighug

Guest greyt2love

Oh, Polli, I was just thinking about you today. Please let this be something temporary and minor, and hopefully you will feel better in the morning. :goodluck:hope

Edited by greyt2love

She is resting comfortably. Thank goodness for the meds which I think took the edge off.

I hope she is OK in the morning. this is too much already.

We have something we call WDS in this house. (White dog symdrome ) :mellow:

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Hoping it was just a slip on the snow and she'll settle down in a bit. Keep us updated.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest EmbersDad
She is resting comfortably. Thank goodness for the meds which I think took the edge off.

I hope she is OK in the morning. this is too much already.

We have something we call WDS in this house. (White dog symdrome ) :mellow:

glad to hear. hope she isnt too stiff tomorrow. feel better polli :kiss2

Guest Hollys2hounds

Prayers for sweet Polli.

A few days ago Gunner came in from outside through our kitchen sliding glass door. Our kitchen floor is ceramic, and he hates it "on a good day." Well that day, it was icey outside and I guess his paws were a little wet. He slipped a little on the ceramic when he came inside.... the next time he went out, all was fine on the way out, but coming back in, he "statued" started to shake, and pant, and WOULD NOT come in through THAT door.

I put down a mat, and tried my hardest to show him it was ok, but it has taken days for him to be ok coming in from outside through the kitchen!

Hoping Polli's experience was a similar traumatic situation, and it will work itself out!

Kisses,

Sending good thoughts Polli's way. Ironically, Mango did something similar today - no snow or ice, but she came charging back to the patio and missed the slight step from grass to cement and bumped her chin. Was it amputee trip day? :P

Hopefully Polli will be right as rain come morning.

Edited by mangos_mom

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Oh no Polli! I hope she's okay!

Her portrait goes out to her and you today...I was just thinking about it, getting ready to box it up to send out, when I came upon this new thread by you.

Robin, you have had a ROUGH time lately, I swear! I am so sorry. :(

How is Miss Polli this AM? Sending prayers for a return to her sparkling self!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thanks all.

Yes, she does appear to be OK this morning. She had nothing to eat at all yesterday because after this "trauma" she went into shutdown mode and slept until morning.

She woke up, went to potty and is mellow but happy.

That was very scary. Polli has never cried out except immediately after her amp and not knowing what the heck happened was even scarier.

These poor dogs have been through so much lately.