Sadie - Pupdate Page 6

kjw

Fingers still crossed for pretty girl. Easy matter to drain the seroma if it gets so big as to be uncomfortable for her. Hope it will go down on its own, tho.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadie you look so beautiful! :wub::wub:

The first couple of weeks are always the hardest and there will be lots of ups and downs and then all of a sudden you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We just took everything an hour at a time, keeping ahead of the pain is key, lots of fluid and rest and of course, lots of extra loving. Sending lots of hugs and scritches and healing thoughts.

Hoping she continues to improve. Sending more hugs and prayers.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

She is a cutie. :wub: I can't imagine how'd I'd get my pups to pee on the deck - "we know that's KNOT right mommy!" :rolleyes:

eta: one of my pups had bad reaction to fentanyl, just to throw that out as a possible reason for some discomfort. I hope she's doing much better today.

Edited by sweetdogs

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Hoping she continues to improve. She's a beauty! :wub:

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Hotwire

Just had a chat with kjw. Sadie is restless, and so is her mom. They got about 2 hours sleep last night, kjw is on her way over to help out. Hopefully Dee can get some sleep so that she can be strong for her pup. Sadie's appetite has been fine, but no poops yet. There may be an update later tonight, depending on when Karen gets home from Sadie's.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Just FYI - Some greys don't tolerate opiate pain meds. My Morgan was one of them. It would cause him to pant and pace. It looked like a pain reaction but wasn't. We kept upping/changing his medications thinking it was pain. It took me a week to figure out his worse times were when the medicine was at the highest in his system. We stopped his pain meds and he was much better.

Sending prayers that things settle soon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

10pm Sunday

Thanks for all the good wishes, Sadie is helped by them, as is her Mom and Dad. I think the fentanyl patch has been responsible for the restlessness and panting, we are all glad that it has expired today. We gave her some Rescue Remedy, and used the accupressure points you suggested (thanks so much for that Sam, and for updating for us!!). She ate very well again, still no poops, and had a little walk to the end of the driveway.About 20 minutes after her first dose of tramadol at 8:30pm, Sadie finally fell asleep for the first time since she got home on Friday - not a cat nap, but sleep with nice slow deep breathing, third eyelid showing, totally relaxed. We all breathed a sigh of relief, and I tiptoed out after telling Deb and Tim to go to bed, quick! lol

We have our first follow up appointment tomorrow at 1:30pm, Deb will be asking for the bandage to be left off.

Sadie is proving to be a real trooper, and none of us is surprised. She has been through a lot in her short life, as has her littermate and sister Storm. You may remember her sister lost an eye to a cancer scare about a month after they were adopted, then about 2 months after that they were attacked by a Newfoundlander and badly injured. Sadie has had 3 additional surgeries for the hemangiopericytoma, and now the amputation. I'd say this family is due for some good luck!

Thanks again for all the good thoughts and prayers, they are very much appreciated! I'll update again once we are back from the vets tomorrow.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Sending more hugs for her people and prayers that things get easier day by day.

And give those boys of yours some nose kisses for me!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

That's the news I was hoping for Karen. Hoping you all have a restful night. Hugs to you and Deb and the pups.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

1:45 pm Monday

Sadie's sleep last night lasted about 40 minutes - I suspect we caught some time where the fentanyl was out of her system, and the tramadol was not absorbed yet. She has been much worse today, pacing, panting and agitated. We went to the vets early, decision was to pull everything but deramaxx and see how she does. OSU called shortly after we got back and recommended the same thing, so we're feeling hopeful that once the tramadol is cleared, maybe she'll settle down. She's getting 100mg of the deramaxx a day, hopefully that will do it. I don't think she's in pain, she will still eat liver treats lol. I brought her sister back to Camp Greyhound with me, so she has plenty of pups to play with, I'll get her all worn out before we go back to her house after dinner.

Thanks again for your continued good thoughts and prayers, they are needed.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Sending more prayers that things calm down for sweet Sadie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

You may want to try Neurotin (Gabapentin). It's not an opiate. It was one of the few pain killers we could use on Morgan.

That's exactly the drug the vet just phoned in to the local pharmacy. Fingers crossed it will work for her!

CAMP GREYHOUND

All appendages crossed that this does the trick for the beautiful Sadie! :goodluck:goodluck:goodluck

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead