Sadie - Pupdate Page 6

kjw

6pm Thursday

Just got another update from Deb, the surgery went smoothly, the vet used both stitches and staples unfortunately, but other than that it's all good. Very little bleeding, and if all continues to go well she can come home tomorrow, she'll have a fentanyl patch for pain until Monday, then Deramaxx. He did not give her a compression bandage, and said he does not expect a lot of swelling because of the type of stitches he did.

Her real work will start tomorrow, but this girlie is a fighter, and I expect her to be out at playdates by spring.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadie is now out of surgery but not yet awake. Her doctor says everything went very smoothly. As soon as I hear more I will post again.

Woo Hoo!!!! What a relief. Does she have a compression wrap? Willie had one post amputation (last Wednesday) and he had almost no bruising. Just a thought. I was so fearful of the bruising. Hope all continues to go well. Continued positive healing thoughts going her way.

Polli had the compression sweater and zero bruising because of it.

So haddpy to hear Sadie did well. Hope she has an uneventful recovery.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

So glad she's doing so well! Praying for a smooth and speedy recovery!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Sadie is now out of surgery but not yet awake. Her doctor says everything went very smoothly. As soon as I hear more I will post again.

Woo Hoo!!!! What a relief. Does she have a compression wrap? Willie had one post amputation (last Wednesday) and he had almost no bruising. Just a thought. I was so fearful of the bruising. Hope all continues to go well. Continued positive healing thoughts going her way.

Polli had the compression sweater and zero bruising because of it.

So haddpy to hear Sadie did well. Hope she has an uneventful recovery.

I told her Mom about it, and she asked the vet about it, but he said she would not need it. I hope he's right!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Sending prayers and gentle hugs for Sadie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Noon Friday Jan 9

Well, I'm on way over to pick up Deb, then we're going to get Sadie! She had a good night and is eliminating and eating, and the vet said she does not have to stay until Saturday. I just whipped up a couple of slings for her, and I'm off. Keep those good wishes coming, I'll have more information for you later today, and maybe a picture too.

Thanks again so much for all of your support, thoughts and prayers. They are helping!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Sadie is home, and has been amazing. We went to the clinic to pick her up, and she just came hopping up to us from the back, and stood leaning on her Mom while we talked to the vet. Then I took her out to my truck, I really thought I'd be picking her up, but she just kept hopping until we got to a door, and then look up at me as if to say, "You're pretty slow on the uptake today, Auntie Karen, get the door open!" lol. We got her home and settled in to her new room, her Mom has set it up perfectly, and she has everything she needs to be comfy. This girlie is most certainly not letting the loss of one little leg slow her down very much. I was very happy to see she was well wrapped up, very similar to a compression bandage. The vet dosed her as we had requested with Traumeel tincture, which works wonders.

Here she is on her new bed

IMG_0243.jpg

Here's Sadie's sister and littermate saying hello

IMG_0237.jpg

Here's our lovely girl giving us a little smile

IMG_0240-1.jpg

I did inquire if she would now be getting a discount for nail clipping....

CAMP GREYHOUND

OMG -- she is THE CUTEST!!!!

Continued prayers for easy healing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She looks WONDERFUL!

Get well soon Sadie. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Good girl, Sadie, being up and about already. You keep on healing, honey, and in no time you'll be good as new!

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Wow, she looks wonderful! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

She looks great! Glad to see you got the traumeel going. I always have some on hand.

Next time you see her give her a hug for me.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

OMG...she looks so good. Look at that precious and very brave smile. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

She looks great! Glad to see you got the traumeel going. I always have some on hand.

Next time you see her give her a hug for me.

I suspect Deb will be in touch with you once things settle down a bit, in the meantime, I'm happy to give Sadie a gentle squeeze for you.

Traumeel is a mainstay here, we always use it for any kind of trauma or injury. It's the best!

Evening Pupdate:

So far the only problem reported tonight is Sadie refuses to pee on the deck lol. She's not been allowed to tink out there in the past, but there are a lot of stairs into and out of the house, so she will have to be re-trained to go out there. Such a good little girlie! I even tried collecting some yellow snow from the backyard, and put it on the deck, but apparently she's still reluctant lol.

Edited by kjw

CAMP GREYHOUND

Update Jan 10, 5:30pm

Sadie had a pretty restless night, so Deb called the vet in the morning - she spoke to a different vet who did not agree with the amount of painkillers Sadie is on, and suggested an increase in the Deramaxx. Sadie was given a Fentanyl patch - 75mg, and prescribed 25 mg of deramaxx, that's been increased now to 100 mg. I suggested Deb contact OSU if she wanted a final opinion on the meds, as Guillermo has consulted on Sadie's case previously.

When I was there today Sadie was awake for a little while, then finally fell asleep. Her seroma is growing, hopefully it won't get too much bigger. We go in on Monday for a bandage change.

CAMP GREYHOUND