I'm In Tears Over Spencer's Dental Tomorrow (1/2)

Guest Spencers_Greyt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending some hugs. Know how you feel. Gotta keep reminding yourself that it doesn't help to get upset -- maybe set a 15-minute limit? Pupper will want mom to be smiling and happy when he comes home :) :) :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest budsmom

I know exactly how you feel. I just went through this with Bud the week before Christmas. It was the first time I had ever left him anywhere! He was fine and I know Spencer will be too!! You're doing the right thing, try not to worry, it will all be ok!!!!

Gotta keep reminding yourself that it doesn't help to get upset -- maybe set a 15-minute limit? Pupper will want mom to be smiling and happy when he comes home :) :) :) .

Indeedy. I'll have to remember that next time.

Thinking of you and Spencer. Update when you can!

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

My heart and prayers are with you today. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

It sounds like you have a great vet, with lots of experience with your pup, but I'll pray for Spencer and his nervous mom (I'm the same way).

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Donna, I am sorry I didn't see this last night, but I will be thinking of Spencer today. You absolutely did have to do this, they can get all kinds of nasty from bad teeth! I know you can't help but worry, but when he is home, everything will be better :bighug

You're not being silly - not at all - but try to stay positive. As others have said, if you are a nervous wreck, he will feel it.

Eight is not old, not to be worrying unduly about the anaesthetic, but your concerns about his back, and for his fears are very valid. However, as you say, those teeth will cause him serious problems and discomfort, if they're left, and your vet knows to be careful.

Drop him off with a cheerful smile and some love tomorrow (even if you do feel you're saying goodbye in your heart), and busy yourself making him some nice chicken and rice for his supper. He's going to want it when he gets back home. ;)

Good luck!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Checking in for an update. I hope all went well.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

****UPDATE****

Spencer is now home and doing quite well. When I had dropped him off, I mentioned his trouble recovering from anesthesia and of course told the tech about his spinal problems. The vet did Spencer's dental first so he would have plenty of time to recover so by the time I picked him up this afternoon he was pretty "normal". The vet had called me during the procedure to tell him that he recommended that 2 of Spencer's molars should be removed because of gum disease and root exposure so I had him go ahead and do that. They are the middle molars on each side of his upper jaw. The vet said he didn't think they would be any concern for eating etc. This is the first time Spencer has had tooth extractions. The vet also told me that he did a few tests with Spencer before his dental to check his reflexes and said that he's still slower to react with his back left leg but that he thought he was doing extremely well and said when he walked you would never even know he's got back problems. That was nice to hear! I'm still taking him in for bi-weekly acupuncture treatments as I think that's why he's doing so well.

So thank you all sooooooooooooo very very much for keeping Spencer in your thoughts and prayers. Greytalkers are the BEST and you helped me so much through all this! When I dropped Spencer off this morning I was all happy voice and smooching on him with lots of petting so he didn't know I was upset. Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!!

Checking in... YAY! So glad he's home and all went well! :yay :yay I bet his mum is relieved :):bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Just catching up with everybody/everything and was so relieved to read that Spencer is home and doing well! You obviously have much company in the fear department - I cry just thinking about making an appointment, but as you were so successful in pulling off, I too remain calm, nonchalant and cheerful until AFTER I get in my car! Then I go to pieces!

I'm sure Spencer will be none the worse for wear and probably more comfortable without those sensitive, exposed roots!

Edited by duncan41

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm glad everything went well and that he's home. :)

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Best news ever! You rock sweetie boy! :wub::grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.