Green Thingys In Really Soft Poo ?!?!?!

Guest SLM4956

Guest SLM4956

Okay ....I guess it is a little wierd that I am looking at my dog's Poo!?!?! I even put some in my pocket to take to the vet!! OMG! I did wait to make sure that no one was looking before I stuck the poo bag in my pocket :blush

I am not sure how to describe it...it looks like a Lima Bean...only we don't eat Lima Beans here!! I am a bit worried as Marigot's Poos are never very firm or good in color. She eats Natural Balance Ultra and I dont add too much to it other than some Ham or Parmesan Cheese. In the morning she gets a V8. I am taking the kitties to the Vet on Monday and thought it might not be a bad idea to take the nice Vet a hefty bag of Poo!!

Anyone else have some green thingys in their Poo?!?!? :blink:

Grass?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest SLM4956

Thanks for the replies!! I thought about the grass, but it is not grass. I felt it through the baggie and it is hard. :blink: I may just be paranoid, but she seems to be drooling more than normal in her sleep and licking her lips a lot!! We are going to take some of this miraculous Poo to the Vet and I will ask about her drooling and licking her lips...I am just so attached to her already!! I hate to think that something is wrong with her :(

Sure it's something she ate--does she really get a V8?? :unsure

She loves them! And it makes her slow down on her kibble, which is nice. :rolleyes:

Guest ArtysPeople

I'm with tbhounds -- I'm sure it's something she ate, and I'm of the (thoroughly un-professional) opinion that if it made it all the way through her system without making her sick, there's no need to go to the vet, unless she's displaying other symptoms. I'd watch for the usual suspects for a few days: vomiting, serious diarrhea, lack of appetite, straining to defecate, fever, excessive thirst, etc.

As for what it might be, have you read any of the threads about the wacky things peoples' dogs have eaten? Seriously, some hounds will eat just about anything they can fit in their mouths (and then some). I know someone whose hound recently ate thread bobbins.

Look around your house and ask yourself what you normally have out that is about the same color as what she pooped. Crayons? Office supplies? Barrettes? Also, look around your yard and where you take her for a walk; are there any trees with bean pods or similar "ornamental" fruit? You could always, well, dig it out of the poop yourself, rinse it off, and see if you can figure it out by looking closer, too. It'd probably be worthwhile to figure out what it is, just in case it's something she might have regular access to (so you can make sure she doesn't have regular access to it).

Edited by ArtysPeople

Guest SLM4956

I know! GROSS!! I did look at it....because inquiring minds want to know! :blink: I am just concerned because of her lip licking and drooling. That stuff is new!! She does seem a little sleepier than normal. We are going to the Vet anyhow for the kitties, I may as well just bug him because I won't feel good unless I know there is nothing wrong ;)

BTW, I love you guys on GT!! I always get the best advice and know that someone will come up with a solution!! Thanks!

I'm guessing it's something she ate, too. If I were you, I'd look around your house and yard to see if you can figure out what she could have eaten.

If it's from a plant, you may need to identify it to check if it's toxic. That might explain the lip licking and drooling, if she's eaten something irritant.

Good luck - and let us know what the vet says!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Could it be edamami (sp?)? Have you eaten it lately and left your bowl unattended? If so, it's soy, and may not agree with her system.

FWIW,

DD

PS Have you, or the adoption kennel, if you just got her, given her Greenies? It's a hard, but edible dog chew. These also disagree with some dogs.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest cjsgreys
PS Have you, or the adoption kennel, if you just got her, given her Greenies? It's a hard, but edible dog chew. These also disagree with some dogs.

Good idea. I gave our "kids" greenies one time and found hard little slippery things in their poo. They also had upset tummies. Then I started reading all kinds of negative info about greenies so they never got them again. They really aren't very digestible.

Guest longdogs

Almost certainly something she ate. Maybe I'm odd, but if I were concerned I'd just don my rubber gloves, clean the thing off in a bucket of water and take a good look at it. Parasites aren't hard and green, nor is much that could naturally be inside your dog.

Sounds like greenies poop to me. :)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest SLM4956

:lol You guys crack me up!! We do feed the Booda Bones, but not Greenies. Some of the Boodas are green in color...like Spearmint or something....maybe that is it :dunno

We did go to the Vet and she does in fact have Parasites in her Poo. We were given Metronidazole for the little critters and hopefully our Poo should actually start looking like everyone else's!! We are so excited!! See we never had good Poo to beign with. It isalways off color and not very firm.

As for the drooling and lip licking....We need to see a Veternary Dentist!! :eek Marigot's teeth show lack of enamel and erosion and the Vet believes that they are causing her to have excess drool!!

Oh my baby girl! She is something else! Maybe I can get her some nice Gold crowns or something!! :lol