Howdy From Nashville, Tn

Guest ShellS

Howdy all.

I am a friend of Jennifer, Quixote's mom. I am 39 yrs old. I am the manager of a Goodyear store and have been there 13 years. I ride a motorcycle and have been involved in the Tennessee Legislature lobbying for motorcyclists rights and freedoms in the past. (Once the current Gov. is gone I am going to return to it. He is too much of a roadblock.) I am divorced and have a 17 year old daughter who is a senior this year. :blink: (Too many memories of my senior year..ugh.)

I served in Dessert Storm in 1991, and let me tell you... it may look like sand, but it is just really fine dirt. LOL!!! It rained a lot on me there and the mud was like none I had ever seen. I was in M1 Abrams tank mechanic, but during the actual ground war I was behind the wheel of a tank. It was an "extra" tank my unit had picked up somewhere (I didn't ask) and I rolled with the combat train about a mile or so behind our main body of tanks (Ammo, fuel, medics mechanics). The sights and sounds will never leave my memory. Neither will some of the shenanigans that went on in that dessert once the war was over. :lol

I have a 2003 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100 motorcycle. Her name is Sheela. I bought her brand new in March of 2003 when she had only been on the showroom floor for an hour. She had only 5 miles on her from the test drive after assembly when I took possession of her. She now has just about 37,000 miles on her. I have been all over Tennessee. I have seen a lot of Kentucky (I like to ride without a helmet up there and that is the freedom I fight for in Tennessee. I'm an adult, don't tell me what to do.), SW North Carolina is a favorite of mine from the Smoky's to Asheville, the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way down to Georgia...simply beautiful. I have been to Washington D.C. via Skyline Drive in the Allegheny Mountains and WOW!, what a ride!!! This year I have plans to ride down to Savannah, GA and try and spend a weekend in the Ozark Mountains (another helmet optional state).

My only experience with Greyhounds has been since Jennifer and I have been seeing each other again. (Jennifer and I dated in High School :wub:) She told me about what she did with Greyhound rescue and adoption and I went on line and read up on some things. My experience with animal abuse before was limited to what the news reported on poorly run humane centers and puppy mills. I couldn't believe what I learned goes on with he Greyhounds. The articles I read, the pictures I saw, just sickened me that these dogs could be treated this way. Cows don't have it that bad. Jenn has told me about Scooter and I mourn her loss with her. :cry1 I have been becoming friends with Quixote on my visits to Jennifer's house, and what a beautiful animal he is. I had only seen pictures of them before, but never been up close. I can't wait to see him out in the open running, I am sure it will be very impressive. Jenn has invited me to go on a run to transport some GH's the weekend after New Years. I am very excited about this. Obviously because I get to spend time with Jennifer, but also because I get to see this process first hand and help out for the very first time. :D I will also be meeting a few of you I think, and it will be nice to put a real face with the screen names.

Thanks for taking the time to read that. It is a bit "wordy".

Shell Summerlin

Guest FrostyBottoms

Shell...you sound like a nice guy so I hate to be the one to tell you this....Jennifer's heart belongs to ....Johnny.

Yes, Johnny Depp.....i just don't want you to get hurt is all.

Howdy neighbor from Lexington, TN. We're corvette people and TN has some of the best roads to explore.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Shell...you sound like a nice guy so I hate to be the one to tell you this....Jennifer's heart belongs to ....Johnny.

I have already accepted this fact. :dunno What else can I do?

When Johnny shows up to take her away, I won't stand in his way. (Maybe... :kickbutt )

Howdy neighbor from Lexington, TN. We're corvette people and TN has some of the best roads to explore.

Deal's Gap... that is all I have to say. LOL!!!

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

You are a brave man....that Jennifer is a handful...but a very good egg!! ;)

From someone who has had some cocktails with her!! :lol

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

You are a brave man....that Jennifer is a handful...but a very good egg!! ;)

From someone who has had some cocktails with her!! :lol

:blush She is truly incredible. As for being a handful... I have big hands. :lol

Well helloooo, Jennifer's Chew-Toy friend! :wave

When Johnny shows up to take her away, I won't stand in his way. (Maybe... :kickbutt )

Meh, he's scrawny, you can take him. :lol

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Well helloooo, Jennifer's Chew-Toy friend! :wave

Meh, he's scrawny, you can take him. :lol

Thank you for the welcome!

LOL!!! Chew toy doesn't sound bad to me... :omg

Hi Shell! I am Jennifer's some time personal bar-tender.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Welcome to GT, Shell :wave Once you get hooked on greyhounds, well, they're kind of like Lay's potato chips... you just can't have one. That's why we call getting a new greyhound "chipping" :lol :lol

Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

:devil He's been warned .....many many times. Right Judy? ;)

sw2008aug2900062b.jpg

Hi Shell and welcome! I think it's cool that you're getting involved with something Jennifer loves! It's nice having a supportive significant other!

So that's why he has to adore Johnny too :wub:

:evil

715.jpg

This is a test...... we'll see how this goes :rotfl

Hi Shell! I am Jennifer's some time personal bar-tender.

When's GIG? I'mready :cheers

DSC00076.jpg

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Welcome to GT. Jennifer is a very sweet lady and I'm so pleased to call her a friend of mine. Enjoy the transport run, they're fun to do!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

You are going to GIG? Crap, I still have to miss it this year due to Prom and After-Prom.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

You are going to GIG? Crap, I still have to miss it this year due to Prom and After-Prom.

Ahhhh.... prom.... (Me and Jenn)

scan0114a.jpg

Edited by ShellS

Hi and welcome...I'm deppless Jan..they let DH and I stay in Depp house even though I wasn't a fan. I'm from Canada, a place Jennifer doesn't know except it's somewhere up there :lol

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Hi and welcome...I'm deppless Jan..they let DH and I stay in Depp house even though I wasn't a fan. I'm from Canada, a place Jennifer doesn't know except it's somewhere up there :lol

That's that big piece of land above us, eh? :lol :lol

I'll convert you yet. ;)

Now Shell, at least show the sexy prom picture. :D

1989Promrs.jpg

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007