Coaster Going Downhill......

Guest janiek

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onlymrsp

After speaking with the vet today, his blood levels are to be checked for the pheno and she was thinking on the lines of either some strain of menengistis or a bacteria culprit. Thank you everyone for all your positive vibes. He is walking around and running like normal today after taking the new meds for the last 24 hours. Time will tell, keep the good thoughts comming..............

Guest paulamariez

Sending lots of prayers, love and light for your precious Coaster. Hopefully things are on the right track and he will be back to his old self very soon. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Coaster some healing doggie kisses as well.

We're all pulling for you, Coaster! So good to hear that you're feeling better today! Sending more prayers positive, healing thoughts.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest onlymrsp

I came home from work and he greeted me like he always does and I could only cry tears of joy, but held my breath. Tonight he is doing ok, but I know he wants me near, so I'll have to cut this short. I'll add a post after the vet visit.

Everyone here is so nice, I want each and every one of you and your houndies to know that we feel your support and appreicate everything and every word you share with us. Not knowing you, but being together makes it a little easier, thanx..................

Jennie & Coaster

I wish I has some advice, but can only add my prayers. Good to hear he's doing okay now.

You are right about the level of support here. It is amazing. Please come to question, vent, laugh, cry.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Keeping your sweet Coaster in my prayers and sending lots of light his way. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Anything new? How's Coaster feeling today? Still sending lots of prayers and positive vibes!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest onlymrsp

Coaster will be ok..... :yay:yay:yay:clap:bounce1:bounce1:banana .....this is what happened at the vet today:

Since he's been in my life, and the cold weather - winter :snow:snowman:snow has been around, he whines when he either lays down or gets up. So, I had him on glucosemine (spell??) and a low heating pad. Well, since all the changes and all the exercise at the kennel, I guess it only got worse. The fact is that the seizures and the hip thing are not related, but happened at the same time. He will continue on the pheno and will be wheaned (spelling??) off the other med that he's been on for the last 48 hours, because we found out after a hip exray that he has a degenerative spine issue that we will treat with low heat pads and pain meds as needed. AT LEAST IT'S NOT A BRAIN TUMOR :thumbs-up LIKE I WAS SO AFRAID OF......

So, I want to thank everyone for the positive thoughts, prayers and energy..........I can live with this and made darn sure that the vet did rule out the tumor............. Please know that if there is ever anything else that I need to know about his hip situation, or that you are experiencing with your pupper, I'd still like to hear from you. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you all.............................................

Coaster and Jennie

Edited by onlymrsp