Lump Inside Knee

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

I found a lump the size of grape on the inside of Eric's leg last night, right at the joint. It is very hard and appears to be attached. At first, I thought it was a bone, cartilage, or just part of the joint, until I felt his other leg in the same area and checked the three other hounds as well.

I'm really trying not to freak out but as too many of you know, it is hard not to freak out.

Of course, we are taking him to the vet, most likely today if they can fit us in. However, while I wait to have it looked at, what could this be besides the dreaded C word. just a swollen lymph node? but what would make one lymph node swell on the back leg near the knee... can you see where my mind is going?

Can you take a picture to show us? Sending prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:grouphug I had a foster dog that had a lump on his knee that was boney. I took him to the vet and had him checked and xrayed, and it was determined that it was calcification to the joint due to injury and arthritis. Nothing really to do for it but love him and give him joint supplements, so I hope your result is the same.

I hope it's nothing too serious... please update us when you can. I hope the vet managed to get you in today, so you can set your mind at rest.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Eric :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Any update on sweet Eric? I've been following this post because my Buddy has a similar lump in the same place and I'm trying to be optimistic. Hope all is well with your boy. :)

Guest greytbookert
Any update on sweet Eric? I've been following this post because my Buddy has a similar lump in the same place and I'm trying to be optimistic. Hope all is well with your boy. :)

The vet couldn't fit us in last Thursday, then the dreaded ice storm hit the area, so our vet was out. We are trying to get Eric in today to see our vet. As soon as I know something, I'll certainly keep everyone posted. I'll keep Buddy in my prayers too!

Guest greytbookert

The vet couldn't fit us in last Thursday, then the dreaded ice storm hit the area, so our vet was out. We are trying to get Eric in today to see our vet. As soon as I know something, I'll certainly keep everyone posted. I'll keep Buddy in my prayers too!

Update - We saw our vet tonight and it is a tumor. He did a quick needle biopsy and feels that it is benign, but needs to come out without question. There is another "something" around the same area, which I thought I felt but was in a bit of denial, I guess. The second one is, to quote the vet "best friends with the femoral artery" and also needs to be sent to pathology. Yep, it is in a tricky place, so a lot of care will need to taken... Eric will be having surgery next Tuesday..... keep your fingers crossed for my baby boy. To say that I'm nervous, is a bit of an understatement.

Guest kaotic1

Update - We saw our vet tonight and it is a tumor. He did a quick needle biopsy and feels that it is benign, but needs to come out without question. There is another "something" around the same area, which I thought I felt but was in a bit of denial, I guess. The second one is, to quote the vet "best friends with the femoral artery" and also needs to be sent to pathology. Yep, it is in a tricky place, so a lot of care will need to taken... Eric will be having surgery next Tuesday..... keep your fingers crossed for my baby boy. To say that I'm nervous, is a bit of an understatement.

Oh no!!! Sammy has a similar issue and is going for surgery on Tuesday too!!! I guess we can wait in the virtual waiting room together!!! Me I will be pacing from left to right!! You should pace right to left ;) Anyway will be thinking about your houndie when Sammy is in surgery. :bighug

Sending prayers for your boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed here, too, and hoping that everything turns out just fine. :grouphug

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest greytbookert
Oh no!!! Sammy has a similar issue and is going for surgery on Tuesday too!!! I guess we can wait in the virtual waiting room together!!! Me I will be pacing from left to right!! You should pace right to left ;) Anyway will be thinking about your houndie when Sammy is in surgery. :bighug

I'll certainly pace from right to left! I'll be thinking of Sammy on Tuesday!