Good Thoughts Needed For Mouse

Our little grey girl, Mouse, who is 8 years old and weighs a whopping 48 pounds (her heaviest weight yet... normally she goes about 46-47) has had a little bit of vomiting over the last few months but not enough to get me concerned. Last week, she stole a turkey neck (she doesn't normally get them) and developed diarrhea. I took her to work with me so that she wasn't home all day by herself and we did bloodwork while she was here (it had been about a year). Her bloodwork showed some anemia, elevated liver values and that her bilirubin was elevated. We did x-rays and her spleen is enlarged. I have an appointment with the internist who saw my lab many years ago (and who I really like) Wednesday morning at 10:30. I don't even know what to expect and I've been in veterinary medicine for 12 years.

I know that she has ehrlichia and her titer was really, really high. She's gone through several treatments with doxy (at the recommended greyhound dosage). Her mouth is also in pretty bad shape... my fault mainly but her gums always stay inflammed and painful even with antibiotics and dental cleanings so I don't brush them like I should. She was scheduled for a dental a few months ago but I cancelled it due to life stuff and kept forgetting to reschedule her. I just don't know if either of those things could be contributing to her liver/spleen issues.

So if you could keep Mouse in your thoughts, I would appreciate it. I'll post more once I know more tomorrow.

Thanks and here's a picture so that you know what she looks like!

Mouse1107.jpg

12/10 Update:

The visit to the internist was this morning and, in her words, "The ultrasound was very boring." I stayed with her during the ultrasound and she was such a good girl. We have sent off additional bloodwork to NC State to look for add'l tickborne diseases and we'll wait for them to come back before doing anything else (well, except for adding amoxi to her doxy).

Thanks for the good thoughts and well wishes. Mouse (and I) appreciates them!

12/11 Update:

Mouse began turning yellow this afternoon. I talked to the internist and she's starting her on Actigall/Ursodiol, sAM-E and metronidazole (low dose). I've sent an email to Dr. Couto but he's out of the office until 12/15. The internist talked about a surgical liver biopsy next week possibly! I think they are worried about cancer... poss. lymphoma. I can't stand NOT knowing what is going on. If I knew what it was, I could deal with it. I HATE not having answers. On the plus side, she seems to be feeling just fine... eating, drinking, etc.

Please, please keep her in your thoughts. She needs the power of GT.

Edited by retiredracers

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheila, I really hope it's nothing to worry about. :goodluck Give us a call after the appointment tomorrow. I'll be anxious to hear.

I'm off to take Bonnie in for chemo now. :)

Sending many prayers for the pretty little girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What a sweet little face. Sending good thoughts your way for Mouse and hoping the appointment will go well.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Sending good thoughts for your lovely little Mouse. Let us know how she's doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown