Mango's Had A Setback

I'll admit - I'm a little scared right now.

I just got back from going to hopefully bring her home. She was doing so good on Saturday when I saw her, sitting up, alert and responsive, willing to get herself up and take a few steps at a time. I was determined she was coming home tonight. So much so that I baked a batch of liver brownies when I took a lunch break today (I'm working from home this week so that I can be here to make sure she's all right.)

Anyway, when they said, "Come back with us - the doctor wants to talk to you," my heart sank again.

It seems that her bruising - forgive me, the technical term eludes me right now - is getting worse instead of better. She's red from her neck to her groin right now. And her kidney values are double what they're supposed to be (and what they were last Tuesday, the day before the surgery).

She had been bandaged until Saturday, when they removed it thinking that it might be keeping her from getting up more. Sunday, the techs on duty called the doctor in because she was dehydrated. They have her on IV fluids, and she's responding, but they're worried about the kidneys.

I also found out that my doctor had gotten the Amicar and was using it for her. Is it possible she's had a reaction to that?

I don't even know what questions to ask right now. Dr D said he would call me tomorrow to let me know if they were seeing any improvement.

I hate how things look to be going so well and all of a sudden the rug is pulled out from under you again. Please keep my baby girl in your thoughts tonight...

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH G-D. Poor baby. Poor you. I have Mango in my prayers... big time.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Poor Mango! Prayers to her :hope and hugs to you, Kate. Please keep us informed of her progress!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I so wish I had something to say to help Kate. Please know that we are thinking of you and Mango tonight.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest greydogluvr

Oh, sweet Mango!! Things are going to get better. You have all of my positive vibes plus some. :bighug

Edited by greydogluvr

Sending tons of prayers and white light for Mango. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh, no! Sending lots of prayers and white light to Mango, and hoping this is just temporary.

I'm PMing you.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Thinking of you and Mango :grouphug .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Both you and Mango are in our thoughts. We are hoping she turns the corner on this and she can come home with you soon!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I hope Mango is already recovering, but maybe you or your doctor can call Dr. Couto at OSU this morning and see if they can offer any advice. Sending many hugs and prayers for you and Mango!

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=