Missing You, Joe

Guest joedogs_mom

Guest joedogs_mom

It's been one week since you left us. I can not tell you how much we miss you. The house is quiet...too quiet. How I miss you following us around the house. How I miss you putting your head in our laps. I miss your furry tail, your velvety-ears, your "catfish" whiskers, and the unmistakable pitter-patter of your toenails on the hardwood floors.

You opened our hearts to the world of Greyhounds and moved us to adopt Fred, John, and Coco. Who knew you would occupy such a huge portion of our hearts? From the day we brought you over the bridge in my old Altima and into our home just 5 years ago to what would become your last days in our house, you left a lasting impression on us. You will never be forgotten, and I'm just so sorry that life became less fun for you as our pack grew and Pierce came along. Rest assured, if I could do anything to bring you back, I would. I really would. Rest in peace, canine love of our lives.

Amazing athlete, loyal companion, gentlest soul, squirrel patrol.

Our first born, beloved big brother, born to run, so much fun.

Patient and forgiving, heart of gold, way too young, the perfect mold.

Stuffy killer, big beatiful eyes, from head to toe, you were marvelous Joe.

Greyt ambassadog and furry beast, you will be missed to say the least.

Joe (in the middle) and his littermates John and Fred.

IMG_2154.jpg

The good ol' days:

Greyhound_Babas_Joe-big.jpg

Taken just a few days before we parted with him:

IMG_3536.jpg

You deserve so much more than this silly post, Joe. I have so many wonderful pics to upload some day. You will never be forgotten.

http://greyhound-data.com/d?z=gfey2f&d=baba%27s+joe

Edited by joedogs_mom

Guest dofarrel

My deepest sympathies in this difficult time. Seeing all the stories of such recent losses...you are right...far too many in such a short time. It breaks my heart...

It is very apparent how much Joe was loved. I hope that time softens the pain and brings the sweet memories back to you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Not silly -- a beautiful tribute to a beautiful, well-loved houndie. Reading your words and seeing your pictures, I can feel the gentleness and sweetness of his soul.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

It's hard reading about all these losses but it's nothing compared to losing one of the family. I am very sorry to hear about Joe and our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. Unfortunately words don't heal the pain, only time does that...

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:cry1 Beautiful words......I feel the pain of your loss in them.

Joe will send you a sign to let you know he's ok now, that I am sure of.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Beautiful words. I share your pain. It doesn't get better, it just gets easier to go day by day.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

That photo of Joe and the baby is very touching. It shows a gentle spirit and sweet boy - I can see why you miss him so much. All those photos and memories will keep Joe close to you.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am so sorry. May beautiful memories help ease the pain of your loss. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Laura, I'm so sorry you're going through this pain...I can honestly say I know how you feel. If I can do anything, please let me know. Sometime before the holidays, I'll try to get a fun run together.

Guest joedogs_mom

Thanks, Hilda. We picked Joe's ashes up from Dr. Pearce's this morning - I knew I would lose it. But, I actually am so glad we did this...I always thought people were FREAKS for doing this kind of thing but now I TOTALLY understand...I am THAT person with my dog's ashes in a box in my house...and I LOVE it.

Our crew would probably love a fun run...a chance for them to have some fun for once!

Thanks for your sweet thoughts as always...it is very helpful knowing there are others who have gone through this and I will forever feel like a schmuck for not being there for you and others when y'all have lost pets. I get it now -- I do.

So very sorry about Joe. :( Glad that having his ashes is comforting to you. We have three what we call cat-in-a-box(s)! I'm really grateful for the pictures you showed here, especially the one of Joe with your baby. Thanks for sharing.

Mary

:f_white:f_white:f_white

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).