Lucy, The Galga

jenn8

I want to share a story and picture of a sweet little girl named Pelusa. I never met her but I heard a few wonderful

stories from the people whose lives she touched for five years.

Lucy, as they called her, was a galga who was found in very bad shape, abandoned in the streets of Spain. SOS Galgos

took her in and nursed her back to health as best they could. But she just so happened to be in the right place at the

right time and managed to hitch a flight to the U.S. with some travelers returning to Northern California. I was contacted

to help find her a home and take care of the travel arrangements.

Kris Burkel with Greyhound Friends of Northern California was eager to help and shortly thereafter, the perfect adopters

were found. I remember so well, the day Jane Magarigal picked her precious girl up at the airport. I didn’t speak to her

direct but heard through the grapevine that she was completely enamored the minute she set eyes on her new pup. I

never fully understood why until after Lucy was gone and this utterly adorable picture was sent to me.

Lucy had a wonderful life here for five years. She was probably older than originally thought and she developed some

serious complications from an untreated leg injury. Jane and Greyhound Friends all chipped in for the extensive surgery

to save her leg and extend her time here as long as possible. As she got older, infections and other health problems

cropped up, so the time came for her to be freed from pain once and for all.

Lucy, little sweetie, you represent all that is good about this breed and you did a fine job as ambassadog. I only wish I

could have met you just once to plant a kiss on that hairy little face and get smacked by your helicopter tail. You are

the first dog I have ever fallen in love with from as far away as the rainbow bridge.

Pelusaa.JPG

Jenn

Edited by jenn8
gallery_3252_2927_10878.jpg

Beautiful girl. Run free. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

OMG. What a little doll and very touching story. :beatheart I'm sure she leaves a ton of broken hearts behind. :(

Run like the wind, sweetie... :gh_run2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh pretty Angel Lucy~Run free with all of your new friends at the Bridge. Send your Mommy a beautiful Rainbow. My sympathy and prayers. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Rest in peace, Lucy.

:f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

She looks like a real cutie. Rest well sweetie.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.