Cyah

Guest TinasTroops

Guest TinasTroops

I am posting very late in regards to this finding, 2 weeks ago we were in Ottawa at Auntie Laura house I noticed the first lump behind her knee on the back leg then the 2 under her jaw line.

I emailed Dr John as soon as we got back and went in for the first bout of tests.

So the first tests came back with a strong suspecion of Lymphomia however it did not rule out Ehrlichiosis. So we went back to Dr John yesterday to have another needle aspiration completed and blood drawn for a titre test. We should have results in 5 days. And have already been in communication with Dr Couto.

Dr John and I are both stumped becuase she shows no signs of either illness. So we have held off on just medicating her for the sake of meds. Her weight remains the same as it has been over the last 11 months she has called our house home. Dr John says the nodes have not moved or grown in the last week. which is good!

If she has Ehrlichiosis, we will treat her for 30 days with Droxy and then retest and then she should be cured, if it is Lymphomia then we start Chemo, all the research I have done leads me on the path to fight this. The remission rate for Lymphomia is 80% and life expectancy is 1 - 3 years. She is heathly and happy so DH and I have decided that Chemo is the route until she tells us otherwise. And Dr John is fully on board!

I have changed her diet, we have now gone raw, she is on a probiotic, Omega 3 (No Grain) and 3 Oz of Colidal Silver per day. She is happy and healthy and showing absolutely no signs.

On an even better note Dr John informed me yesterday that he is fully licensed to administer Chemo to her so that means I don't have to go to Univ of Guelph, albeit closer but much more expensive and I would rather her be in a place she knows and comfortable for this. Dr John will also be working with Dr Couto through this as well.

We're doing good, staying positive and working hard to kick this and she is doing super!

Guest TinasTroops

Well we have about 85% of the results back. We're almost certain it is not Ehrlichiosis but we are waiting for the Babesia results to come back.

The needle aspiration tests have come back with no firm determination but that it could be either Lymphoma or Leukemia, but with some info and help from Jen (love you!) the only symptoms she shows for Leukemia is swollen lymph nodes.

Once the Babesia test comes back we book another Apt. Next week and next step is a "sample" of the node as per Dr Couto request.

I have asked Dr John to take the sample from her back leg as it is more to the surface then the other 2. I have also requested a local anaesthetic, I don't want her fully under for this for many reason. Her Age, the amount of times she has already been under in the past and at the chance she will have to go under for a blood transfusion.

Soooooooooo in a nut shell Dr John and I are still both stumped, I am definetly going to start the "PUSH" next week with this.

She is comfortable, getting healthy and showing no signs. I don't want to wait till signs are showing to get this nailed down!

Sorry everyone wish we have more firm news but we still need more prayers on this. I plan to get her into Dr John next week.

Lots of prayers coming your way. This is how we found Angel LaceyLaine's Lymphoma. I noticed her nodes in her neck...We rushed her to the vet and her nodes were large every where. Dr. Beth told us often the needle aspirates and inconclusive for Lymphoma and if so an open biopsy of the node would be needed. In our case all 6 aspirates came back as positive for Lymphosarcoma. Many babes do SO well and have long remissions on chemo. Know that my heart and prayers are with you. Chanting long and hard here: It's some type of tick disease. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

More good thoughts and prayers for your pup. I hope you find out what it is soon and get on with treatment to get her healthy again.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I hope you get an answer soon. :hope Bonnie is 9 1/2 months post diagnosis of Lymphoma. She has had ups and downs with the chemo, but has done well overall. Let us know what you find out. :goodluck

Prayers & Hugs coming your way.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending positive thoughts, prayers and healing white light for precious Cyah!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead