New To Grey Talk - Connecticut

Guest funaro821

Guest funaro821

Hello All

I can't believe that I've found this forum after being adopted by my greyhound 8 years ago last week. My Brindy is a 10 year old brindle. She's lying on her bed (keeping an eye on me) as we speak. She's been a member of our family for so long that I think that's she's forgotten that she's a dog.

We've had a wonderful experience adding her to our household. She is the ultimate couch potato, loves to go for rides in the car, and for walks on the town green. She's OK with my daughters cat, although she does want to play with the cat. The cat just doesn't want to cooperate.

Brindy has had a few health issues. She suffered a stroke in her spine about 6 years ago (a piece of cartilage migrated to the blood supply in her spine). She went into convulsions, went blind, and collapsed on us. We took her to the vet hospital where they treated her. A week later, you couldn't tell there was anything wrong with her. Gave us quite a scare. Currently, she is on an antihistamine to control her bladder and glucosamine/chondroitin/msm for her joints. Occasionally, she has to take pain medication if her back starts to bother her. We've been really good about keeping her weight below 62 lbs. Currently, she's 59 lbs. Her racing weight was 58 lbs. She doesn't like the certain kinds of dog food (IAMS, Science Diet). She prefers Purina One. Ever so often I'll give her some canned food and meat scraps. It's helps to keep her weight up. I don't allow her to have human food carbohydrates. It's makes her overweight and gives her really bad gas. I know when somebody has feed her something she should have.

As noted above we are from Connecticut. We adopted Brindy (Dyton's Wantabe) from WAG. I think she picked us out instead of the other way around. She house trained very quickly. It did take her some time to get used to going up and down stairs and a couple of years before we could get her to play with a toy. She's been very well behaved. We adore her!

Hopefully, I can get a picture of her posted on the boards soon. I look forward to reading about your greyhound(s) or fur babies as I've seen them referred to.

Thanks!

Michelle :colgate

welcome from southern california.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Hi from Waterbury! fallsmiley4.gif

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Hi Michelle- Welcome from Charlotte (formerly deom Wilton, CT through- still have family there and in Trumbull as well)

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

:welcome

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

:welcome Hi and welcome from So Cal!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

:welcome2 Hi from England :wave Don't forget pictures :rules

Edited: spelling

Edited by crazygang

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Welcome from Northern VA. I grew up in Mystic.

Hugs,

Darlene, Santannah and Selena

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 33.09 KB (33,886 bytes) file size.

Darlene and Garon with Selena-JCKC 5/23/2005 & Mosa-RDR 2/5/2010

Missing Santannah Belle-NSRA 7/7/2001- 9/6/2012