Stormy

Guest jurishound

Guest jurishound

Our sweet, gentle Stormy was diagnosed on Tuesday with right atrial hemangiosarcoma, with massive lung and skin metastasis. I just can't believe it. His vet recommended euthanasia this week, but he is still enjoying his meals and walks so we are hoping we have enough time to spoil him before it is time to say goodbye. Dr. Couto thinks that chemo might control the mets, so he has an appointment at an oncology center tomorrow to review the options. The last thing we want is for him to feel sick during the little time he has left.

Please, celebrate each day with your hounds - every day is indeed a gift. If you can spare some hope and prayers for our special boy, please send them our way.

IMG_0457.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must feel as if you've been punched in the gut. Multiple times.

Sending gentle hugs for you and your sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest houndlover

Oh Joslin! I am so terribly sorry to hear this. I have tears in my eyes while I am reading this and looking at the pic of your sweet Stormy. :cry1 I will be thinking of you guys and hoping that Stormy enjoys the time that he has with you. :grouphug

I'm so sorry to hear Stormy's diagnosis. :cry1 You and he will be in my thoughts.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Oh, no! I'm so sorry you've gotten this terrible news. You are right, each day is a gift. Stormy has a wise and loving Mom, and you will both be in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest gretzky

Cr@p! Joslin, I'm so sorry for Stormy's diagnosis. I was hoping after not hearing any more about his issues this summer he was on the right path. Just when he got his younger brother to play with to. I'm sure you, Bobby and Miss Skye will make whatever time he has left the best any hound could hope for.

We'll be thinking of you all.

Guest greytexplorer

I am so very sad about this diagnosis.

The cowdoggies have a very special place in my heart.

Get a doublecheeseburger for Stormy from MacDonald's and tell him it's from Mandy and Ester, with lotsa love!

hugs,

~Pat

What a terrible thing to hear. I wish for good days for Stormy and you. :grouphug

Edited by Jackandgrey

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I am so sorry. :grouphug Sending hope and prayers that chemo will be an option...praying for an easy time with chemo if you go that way...praying for much quality time. Hug Stormy for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Joslin, you and Stormy are in my heart and my thoughts. We're all here for you. As you said the other day, you'll wake up every morning and deal with that day as it evolves -- and hope each day will bring a Stormy who is happy, who wants to eat, and go for his walks.

One day at a time, but many hugs at a time for your beautiful boy (and his loving mom).

Jordan

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg