My Foster Attacked Spencer!

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Guest Spencers_Greyt

When I got home tonight, everyone was excited as usual, and Spencer picked up a toy that my foster, Buzz wanted. So there was some tug of war with the toy then all of a sudden Buzz's hackles went up and he lunged at Spencer. It looks like Buzz's canine tooth caught Spencer in the side and it tore a big strip of skin off. I can't say if Buzz was actually trying to bite Spencer or not but this is not good! I took Spencer to the vet and they cleaned it up real good, double stitched it and gave him an antibiotic shot. I already have pain meds on hand. Poor Spencer! He just gets over having incontinence from hind leg weakness and paralysis and now this! Below is a photo of what Spencer looks like now. I didn't get a before pic as I was rushing him to the vet.

DSC01487.jpg

Feel better soon sweetie. Hugs to both babes and to Mommy too. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

my girl had a similar injury (only she got in the way of a squirrel chase) and it healed up well in less than two weeks. She did have to wear the come which the other dogs were mighty confused by! :)

He should heal up well soon enough he is lucky you were right there to get him all stitched up.

Oh poor Spencer. Unfortunately, dogs will be dogs. I hope he has a fast uneventful recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Greytluv

Sorry that happened. Here's a pic of my girl after one of my fosters got her. And he is the biggest hunk of love. He just got caught up in the moment. As you can tell, my fostering days are over. And you should have seen my DH. He was walking them and fell and the foster wanted to play. He ended up ripping his ear in half. Insurance took care of that but it cost $2500 for my girl :eek

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread :blush

NewMexico060.jpg

Guest Spencers_Greyt
Sorry that happened. Here's a pic of my girl after one of my fosters got her. And he is the biggest hunk of love. He just got caught up in the moment. As you can tell, my fostering days are over. And you should have seen my DH. He was walking them and fell and the foster wanted to play. He ended up ripping his ear in half. Insurance took care of that but it cost $2500 for my girl :eek

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread :blush

NewMexico060.jpg

Wow! Now that's bad! I should actually say, now that I have calmed down, that Buzz didn't attack Spencer per se - they were snarking at each other and Buzz's canine tooth got caught on Spencer's skin. It's not a bite wound. The adoption group is paying for Spencer's vet bills thank goodness!

Same type of thing happened when I had a foster only it was Miles that got the wound.

Dirk, the foster, wanted toplay with us and that made miles lvid! Dirk was tired of the body-blocks and snaps he was receiving from Miles, snapped back at Miles, and VOILA...$230 vet bill for Miles!

Crap...these Greys need suits of armor! B)