A Bell Update

She must be part feline, because this girl has nine lives!!

Thanks to all who have asked about our steel magnolia. I am happy to report that she is eating again, fairly regularly, though she still won't have anything to do with dog food, kibble, or canned. I have to cook each meal for her-- a lot of ground beef, potatoes, baby rice cereal, chicken breasts, etc.-- but she eats at least two good meals per day so I am not complaining. Today we ventured out to our regular dog park and she got to see all of her friends. The human ones all commented on the "sparkle" being back in her eyes. It was tiring for her but she had such a good time I am glad we went.

She is still on the Lasix, and will be until the end, and we are going to the cardiologist next week for an electrocardiogram and full consult, so we can keep her as strong and happy as possible for as long as possible.

She still looks like a skeleton but tomorrow I am going to experiment with satin balls and maybe put some meat back on those old bones.

I thought Bell was ready to give up but she wasn't, I am so glad I didn't give up either. What a rollercoaster!

Thank you to everyone who has helped us with your good thoughts and wise advice. We definitely could not have done it without you!

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

:clap:clap for you and Bell!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

You hang tough sweetheart and keep up the good work. :wub::grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:confetti:confetti wonderful news! I found that once Sugar started on the heart meds, it made a huge difference in how she felt. If Bell ends up with more pills after her visit with the cardiologist, I'd advise giving her a pepcid too. All that medicine upset Sugar's tummy, but she ate fine with the pepcid, and we want to keep Bell eating!

Bell, your Mom sure loves you, sweetie---and so do we! So glad to hear she's eating, Melissa. I tried a small recipe of satin balls for Tess (along with the antibiotic the vet prescribed) when she was looking so thin a few weeks ago, and I think it helped. She was eating well anyway, so I did just use them as a supplement, but she sure liked them. If Bell will eat them, it's worth a try. Of course, I can see you, pregnant, with your hands mushing up a bunch of raw ground beef! How are YOU doing?

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown