We Love Oscar!

Guest learnbygoing

Guest learnbygoing

My family just adopted our first greyhound, which is something I've wanted to do for years. Yesterday we came home with Oscar, and he is the sweetest, most lovable giant I've ever met. He's almost 80 lbs, and taller than my 2-year-old. We already love him so much!

Here's my boy:

IMG_0156cropped.jpg

I'm so happy to have found these forums, I love reading about greyhounds!

I love Oscar too! he he that's my husband's name...

but your Oscar is pretty darned handsome too!

Welcome from NJ.

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

That's one fine lookin young fella you got there :wub:

Welcome to Greytalk :)

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Welcome! Gorgeous pup! Where are you from?

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Welcom, he is so cute! I hope he settles in smoothly and I am sure he will enlighten your lives for many years to come.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oscar! You are so handsome!!

And :welcome greetings from Gainesville, Florida--welcome to GT!

Please fill us in on Oscar. Where did he come from, all that good stuff!! And don't hesitate to post more pictures of your cutie pie!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest learnbygoing
Please fill us in on Oscar. Where did he come from, all that good stuff!! And don't hesitate to post more pictures of your cutie pie!!

Believe me, I'm more that happy to talk about my gorgeous boy! We are from Southeastern Pennsylvania, and Oscar came from a track in Massachusetts. His racing name was Sun Stryer, but he wasn't really responding to any name so we had free reign on his naming. Only two days later and he is already responding when we call him, so I guess he likes it! My mom is actually looking into adopting one of his littermates, which would be amazing since we dog-sit for each other. We adopted him through Linda Ann's Greyhound Rescue in the Lehigh Valley, and Linda was amazing--she was so careful about placing a dog with us that is absolutely perfect for our family.

Oscar seems to be settling in nicely, and has gotten to the point where he doesn't leave my side when I'm working around the house. He wants to be with us so badly that this morning while I was in the shower on the second floor he braved the stairs all by himself (something he had only done with me once and shook uncontrollably the whole time) to whine at my door! He's wonderful with my daughter, and has been very tolerant of my son, who is still being trained in how to leave Oscar alone while he sleeps.

So...here's a few more pictures of my boy!

Kinda unsure about this whole "new family" thing...

IMG_0153.jpg

...okay, so the bed is comfy, maybe I can settle in a bit...

IMG_0155.jpg

...mmm, long day, sleepy. I guess this will do...

IMG_0161cropped.jpg

...::snore:: (he was passed out like a rock when I took this!)

IMG_0163.jpg

I'm taking pictures like I just had a third child, so I'm sure I won't be able to resist posting more. Thanks so much for the warm reception, I can't wait to get to know you all and your greys!

Awww, Oscar is a champion roacher! (roaching is what the belly up position is in case you didn't know it!--don't want you to think we're too weird around here--well, maybe not just yet :lol)

He is absolutely precious!!

Thanks for posting more pics!!

By the way, I have an 80 lb brindle boy too! :heart

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest IrskasMom

WELCOME to GT :wave:wave:wave and Congratulations on your beautiful handsome Boy :confetti:confetti:confetti In a short time you will find out , how

obsessed we are about our Hounds

Looks like Oscar is settling in nicely!!! Welcome from Virginia!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)